• Thou shalt not kill

From Dan Urtiz@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 29 22:19:57 2019
    I personally trust in the Abrahamic God, but not so much in Jesus Christ, the Bible, or in any particular religion. The Laws in the Bible that might prescribe killing for certain breaches of the rules therein, for example, do not appeal to my possibly
    somewhat pacifist nature. Such Laws might, after all, contradict the commandment against killing that might perhaps be described in Exodus 20:13, the likes of which I suggest might be more central to the Law than the the remaining 603 rules in the Torah
    alone might be.

I tend to perhaps not always be very inept at obeying the Ten Commandments. But I might, however, possess one silver pendant of a crucifix, which might possibly stand a chance of being regarded, perhaps especially by Jews, as being a false idol.
    Fortunately, I might have enough fashion sense to seldom wear such a pendant. I also might not always keep the Sabbath very well, finding such an observation to be mostly insignificant, the breach of which I assume might often offend Jews more than it
    actually does God himself.

My religion of Theism might perhaps be a bit “soloist”. I do not necessarily conform to any congregation nor do I typically seek the guidance of any ecclesiastical authority at all, be it priest or rabbi. I also do not endeavor to lead any cause or
    group either, being a bit on the shy side, although I do invite anyone else who wants to be a Theist to try it out.

Theism is not necessarily copyrighted by myself by the way. But how many people are there, I wonder, who actually believe in God in the sense that I might, that is, believe in an ethereal, supernatural being who truly exists as an entity and is not
    simply a psychological idea of some kind, with no true physical substance? Also, a Theist might sometimes prefer to simply pray rather than to study the Bible.

By the way, my sole exception for the above mentioned commandment against killing might perhaps be evil people. But my personal rule for delineating those who might be evil is plain and simple enough: those who exude hate in excess might be evil as such.
    And what might hate itself be, if not a repressed inclination to do harm to another human being? I believe it to be possible that hate might sometimes be able to be psychically sensed by some, however, as a kind of negative energy that might emanate from
    one’s brain. If hate can be sensed as such, then perhaps it can also be intercepted.

But unlike certain Christians, who might tend to forgive a person for the possible transgression of exuding such hate, I might tend to hold a grudge toward those who have hated me, perhaps a bit in line with the Jewish mentality of exacting an eye for an
    eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life. You see, I regard hate as a possible psychic attack upon one’s mind, the likes of which might at the very least cause discomfort to its target. Hate could perhaps, in that sense, be a kind of witchcraft,
    perhaps even attuned to Satan himself.

God might perhaps be more powerful than Satan is. But to we mere human beings, Satan’s power might be great, perhaps a significant threat to our safety and our very faith itself. Hate should therefore not be overlooked, especially if it is, as I
    mentioned, actually a bit in league with Satan.

God has been simplified by some as being love. I tend to agree with that notion, but posit that the antithesis of God, Satan, might himself be hate.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)