• The truth, the straight truth

From Spiritualist@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 25 20:31:03 2019
    I assert that most of the worst sins that I have committed were committed by me over thirty-one years ago. Quite a few of such sins, I suspect, might have been grossly exaggerated by the possible victims of such sins, certain of which I would surmise
    might even have classified as mere venial sins. There be liars in my past; I can almost tactile feel the psychic vibrations of such told lies.

I make no claims of being perfect. I am a sinner. But I believe that private atonement with God with regard to certain sins is possible, and that I am a good person overall. Being good is important to me, after all, perhaps almost as important as trying
    to be intelligent is.

But the telling of lies is not so good, in my opinion. And certain lies might be great enough and harmful enough to others that they can not readily be forgiven. Damnation and hell might perhaps await a stubborn liar.

I sometimes suspect that, perhaps naughtily enough, certain Jewish Mishnah might endeavor to diminish the culpability or severity of punishment for the telling of lies. But I believe that, if such tweaking of the Ten Commandments by Jews happens to be
    true, that it is theologically unwholesome to do and perhaps even a propagated lie in its own right.

I believe that we should sometimes trust in our intuition with regard to uncovering the truth behind certain told lies. Things might not always be what they seem, after all. And unfortunately, due to the nature of lying and perhaps even to self-deception
    toward that end, sometimes certain lies might never, ever be uncovered by any human being.

An ethereal and omniscient God alone might know, and perhaps sometimes also those who might be attuned to him. May his judgement of our immortal spirit be fair and true.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)