• Those self-righteous Christians

From Spiritualist@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 25 12:16:11 2019
    I personally do not like the biblical Book of Revelations. I think such a book to perhaps be poorly written and laden with false prophesies and with symbols and metaphors that no one seems to truly understand. It seems to await the second coming of
    Christ, a figure whom I am not very fond of to begin with in light of his possibly Jewish and Caucasian nature. Revelations also seems to vilify an Antichrist figure or cause, which could perhaps serve as fodder to demonize just about anyone who even
    remotely fits that mold. I find the Book of Revelations to be a cause for paranoia and division between those who think themselves to be God’s elite and those hapless souls unfortunate enough to seem like they belong to the Antichrist’s cause.

With that being said, I assert that I do believe in the Abrahamic God and also in the existence of Satan. I furthermore believe that good people go to heaven and bad people go to hell, perhaps regardless of the religion that such people hold to. I also
    assert that I do not very much trust Pope Francis or the Roman Catholic Church that he leads — and that I am presently not any kind of Christian or Jew.

I would not very much fear being excommunicated by the Roman Catholic Church, in certain ways even welcoming it. Such an excommunication might, after all, restore a certain amount of my privacy, which I suspect has been invaded illicitly by many
    individuals, both Catholic and non-Catholic alike. In a free and wisened nation such as the United States, I doubt that the effects of being publicly excommunicated as such are very substantial anyway.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)