• After his acquittal on murder charges, what federal charges can be file

From S K@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 25 05:11:25 2021
    can it be argued that he violated the civil rights of the protesters?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Roy@21:1/5 to S K on Thu Nov 25 05:55:51 2021
    On 11/25/2021 6:11 AM, S K wrote:

Here is a good explanation of why federal changes are probably not going
    to happen

https://www.yahoo.com/now/us-department-justice-rittenhouse-unfortunately-210141358.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rick@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 25 06:19:59 2021
    "S K" wrote in message news:3a85d984-a16a-45ee-8d43-d7852793381an@googlegroups.com...

Anything can be argued, but that doesn't make it a valid argument. He was found Not Guilty by a jury of his peers. Let it go.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From S K@21:1/5 to Rick on Thu Nov 25 11:01:29 2021
    On Thursday, November 25, 2021 at 9:20:02 AM UTC-5, Rick wrote:
    "S K" wrote in message
    news:3a85d984-a16a-45ee...@googlegroups.com...

can it be argued that he violated the civil rights of the protesters? Anything can be argued, but that doesn't make it a valid argument. He was found Not Guilty by a jury of his peers. Let it go.

--

Start quote:

"I think the reality is that, once again, a young White male was given every positive inference and advantage in such a case. Rittenhouse’s claims of self-defense held even though he himself helped to create the danger and the chaos that ultimately led
    to the shootings.

I do not think the DOJ can go after him. What I think the DOJ can do is discuss public safety, and work with Congress on updating our laws or passing updated federal laws to include such offenses. The goal at this point has to be to prevent this from
    happening in the future. Which I fear it will. More young vigilantes, with more guns, killing unarmed citizens protesting.

The families of the deceased will most likely sue in civil court. It is a preponderance of the evidence which is a far lesser standard. And they most likely can prevail. That remains to be seen, but for now, Kyle Rittenhouse is a free man, headed to
    Congress as an intern perhaps, or to book and movie deals as who he is heralded as an American hero by the far right."

end quote.

I think the "gun-pointing" versus "gun-carrying" (which can turn to pointing in an instant) hyperfine distinction is a tip of the hat to right wing white males intent on intimidation and violence.

The heavily armed (whose firepower exceeded that of the police that night) white male militias milling about among unarmed and lightly armed protesters who were only intent on property-damage were actually violating the rights of the protesters. they
    could have been arrested by proper police and whisked off to prison and that would have been fine.

Just like Giuliani figured out an ingenious way to use RICO to prosecute financial crimes - there must be a way to sue all the right wing militias that were there that night.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05