• The Entertainment Industry Has Been Brainwashing Children ForYears. It'

From Matt Walsh@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 20 22:57:37 2023
    XPost: alt.radio.talk, alt.kids-talk, rec.arts.tv

The single most common refrain you've heard from conservative politicians for generations, since Eisenhower, is that the news media has a Left-wing bias. Long before Donald Trump went after "fake news," Richard Nixon was telling
    his aides not to talk to the New York Times and the Washington Post. Newt Gingrich insisted he didn't read "Letters to the Editor" in newspapers
    because the editors were all leftists. Bob Dole ignored questions about his views on tobacco because he didn't care what the "liberal media" thought. Republicans have disparaged the media for so long because the media deserves it. The vast majority of news outlets in this country are corrupt and
    partisan, and everyone knows it, on both ends of the political spectrum. It's an easy target to hit, over and over and over again.

The problem with this approach isn't that it's wrong. The problem is that it doesn't go nearly far enough. It doesn't come close to addressing the extent
    of the bias, the ideological capture, in American media. Yes, corporate news media is propaganda, from the New York Times to NBC to CNN and the Washington Post and so on. But the news media is just one part of a much, much larger issue.

What conservatives almost never talked about, for decades, is that this bias also exists in other forms of media, where it is, in fact, much more
    insidious and harmful — most notably in children's programming. That’s a much bigger deal than bias in mainstream news coverage, for reasons that should be obvious. Adults, who are the primary audience for news coverage, have more mature brains than children — at least some of us do. We're generally capable of recognizing propaganda when we see it, or should be capable. But children, for the most part, don't have that ability. If Nickelodeon bombards them with "non-binary" characters, and if Disney hits them with a "not-at-all-secret"
    gay agenda — which they've admitted is their goal — then kids are totally vulnerable to it. They’re helpless. Also, entertainment burrows deeper into
    the human soul and psyche. It can shape you in ways that a CNN news segment simply can’t, much to CNN’s chagrin.

Conservative politicians and other “thought leaders” somehow never noticed
    this problem. With very few exceptions, they didn’t say a word about it. But parents all over the country have been aware of what's going on for a long time. That became very clear to me a couple weeks ago, when I addressed LGBT propaganda in "Paw Patrol," which is one of the most popular television shows for children. I went into some detail about Paw Patrol's newest writer, a creepy activist who makes sing-songy videos for kids about abortion and transgenderism. Often, when I focus on topics like that — instead of, say,
    the war in Ukraine or the war in Israel or the 50th Trump indictment —
    there's some backlash. You can usually count on a few people to say it's a silly topic, and grown men shouldn't pay any attention to children's shows.
    Of course, the Left always says that, because they don't want you talking
    about what they're doing to children. But historically this has also been the response from the Right. There have always been a decent number of conservatives who just don't want to hear about any topic that isn’t a
    headline on cable news.

This time, though, the reaction was very different from the norm. I'm not
    going to go through all the comments listeners and readers left about that piece — you can read them yourself if you'd like on the Daily Wire website.
    But the consensus was pretty much unanimous: People are completely fed up
    with the endless stream of propaganda that corporate media is directing at their children in the form of kids' shows. It's not just “Paw Patrol,” it's everything. There were hundreds of comments along these lines. Many of them named specific shows that have begun shoehorning Left-wing agenda items into their plotlines.

This is a problem that affects all children's programming these days. But no titan of children's entertainment has fallen in the public eye quite like The Walt Disney Company. For generations, Disney made creative content for
    children that mirrored the values of their parents and their country. They weren't making tepid, lifeless live-action remakes. They were coming out with beautifully animated films like “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs,” “The Lion King,” and “Peter Pan.” But in recent years, Disney's objectives have
    changed. This is not the same company that existed in the 20th century, not even close. Things are now so bad that Disney recently signed an agreement to create propaganda films for China's Ministry of Culture and Tourism. It’s a good fit, we must admit. A radically Left-wing company making propaganda for
    a communist government. A match made in hell.

Meanwhile in this country, without even attempting to hide what they're
    doing, Disney has begun a top-down effort to indoctrinate children into Left-wing gender ideology, which invariably involves the sexualization of children. This is now what Disney stands for, at every level.

Last year, the journalist Chris Rufo published this footage of Disney
    corporate president Karey Burke speaking in a virtual meeting with her colleagues. This is a disturbing clip, but it shows you how ingrained this ideology is at Disney. Watch:

x.com/realchrisrufo/status/1508926408332034049

Yes, it’s never enough. Nothing is ever gay enough for these people — especially this woman, who claimed to have one child who is "pansexual" and another who identifies as "transgender." If you have a basic understanding of statistics, you know exactly what that means, which is this woman is foisting gender ideology on her own children. And she's proud of it. She's happy she programmed her kids this way. And she doesn't want to stop there. Now she
    wants to program yours.

That woman is not alone at Disney, as you might imagine. In another video obtained by Rufo, a Disney executive producer explains that she has a "not- at-all-secret gay agenda" and regularly works on "adding queerness" to children's programming. It’s an infamous enough clip; you’ve probably seen it by now. And there are many more like it — though, in truth, you don't need to listen in on Disney's staff meetings to see what the company is doing, you
    can just watch their content. The Left-wing activists at GLAAD — the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation — have been doing that. And they've taken notice of Disney's activism. They just praised Disney for adding "LGBTQ content" into more than 40% of their productions last year. That beat out
    every other company, except Netflix.

It's important to note here that Disney isn't simply trying to sexualize kids and hit them with LGBT propaganda. They're also trying to instill in them all of the values of the modern Left, to make them as insufferable and entitled
    as possible. To that end, Disney hired a truly obnoxious woman to play Snow White in an upcoming feminist adaptation of the classic. I've shown some of
    her footage before; it's hard to watch, so I'll spare you.

Parents in this country see all of this happening. They don't need it
    explained to them anymore. As Disney's perverse agenda has taken hold, a lot
    of these parents have been giving up on the whole brand. Last year, Disney posted its worst stock return in 48 years, losing nearly half its value. According to some analysts, Disney's attacks on conservative values have cost them roughly $1 billion, when you consider some of their recent box office returns.

To be clear, these numbers aren't simply a reflection of the poor quality of Disney's latest productions. Parents understand what Disney stands for, and it's an ideology that parents don't want anywhere near their children. A brand-new survey from Rasmussen Reports, which The Daily Wire reported on, shows that as of late September, more than 60% of GOP voters view Disney unfavorably. More than a third say they view Disney "very unfavorably."

These are staggering numbers. They are somehow even lower than the
    favorability ratings of Bud Light, which has suffered maybe the single
    greatest collapse of any brand in modern history. But there is one unique advantage that Disney has enjoyed, despite its free fall in popularity. And that's the fact that their brand of indoctrination is everywhere in
    children's media. With Bud Light, people could buy a different brand of beer. With kids' content, that's virtually impossible. Whether you stick with
    Disney or go to Nickelodeon or wherever else, you're going to encounter the same garbage.

This is all why, a little over a year ago, The Daily Wire announced our plans to invest a minimum of $100 million over the next three years into a line of live-action and animated children’s entertainment. With that decision, The Daily Wire became the only major media company that has ever decided to do something about the wholesale, all-encompassing Left-wing bias that has now infected every aspect of children's media. And on Monday, we delivered on
    this promise.

On the 100th anniversary of the day Walt Disney founded his company, The
    Daily Wire launched Bentkey, which is a brand-new company with its own app.
    You can go on your Apple TV, Google Play, Roku, or Fire Stick devices and download it right now. There's 150 episodes available at the moment, with new ones coming out every Saturday morning. There's even a new live-action "Snow White and the Evil Queen" movie coming from Bentkey, featuring our very own Brett Cooper, which will actually respect and stay faithful to the original fairy tale.

Of course, with all due respect to Brett Cooper, the biggest news is that I make a key cameo appearance in one of our new animated children’s shows
    called “Chip Chilla.” I play a talking dinosaur toy. Watch:

x.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1714015845817487827

Wow. What a staggering and beautiful performance by me. I only have one line, but I deliver it with such skill and force and artistry that it practically brings you to tears. This is what many people are saying. At least, that's
    what I said when I watched the episode with my kids. My daughter talked over
    my line so I had to rewind it and play it again to make sure everyone heard
    it. Nobody in my living room reacted very much or seemed overly impressed
    with my performance. But that’s because they were stunned into silence. I
    asked if they wanted to go back and watch the scene again, and they said,
    “No.” Probably because it was so powerful that they couldn’t emotionally cope with witnessing it again.

Anyway, aside from the one single line I contributed, I can report that the rest of the children’s content is truly terrific. It’s exactly what so many parents have been waiting for. I’m not just saying that because I work here. I’m saying that because I’m a father of six and I’m one of those parents. We spent time this week as a family going through the app and watching different shows. The kids loved all of it and I was personally very impressed.
    Beautiful animation, good stories, conservative values — all of the things
    that most modern children’s entertainment lacks. And when I say “conservative values” I don’t mean the shows are political or that they hit you over the
    head with Right-wing ideology. I mean that they are stories centered around timeless truths and virtues — courage, patience, faithfulness, love of
    family, and so on. These are conservative values. They are the values we are trying to conserve and that the modern entertainment industry has been waging
    a war against for many years.

This may seem like one long commercial for our kids content. I suppose it is. But nobody told me I had to write about this. And I don’t personally get paid when you subscribe to our children’s platform. I’m writing about it because I truly believe in it, and I think it’s extremely important. The fact that children’s entertainment is entirely captured by the Left is a major problem. Nobody has made any serious effort to do anything about it until now. I’m
    proud we’re in this fight. One of many that we have picked.

You know, we take a lot of flack here at The Daily Wire. We get it from the Left, as you’d expect. We are also attacked very frequently by the Right. Everyone has a gripe, a complaint, a nit to pick. One minute we're far-Right fascist bigot extremists, the next minute we’re milquetoast establishment leftists in disguise, depending on who you’re listening to. People love to
    sit up in the bleachers, at a distance, and criticize.

But we’re down here in the arena, taking the risks, trying to actually make a difference. We don’t always get it right. We make mistakes sometimes. We
    don’t win every battle. But we’re down here, on the ground, in the fight.
    Which is the only place I want to be.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ross Presser@21:1/5 to Matt Walsh on Tue Nov 14 12:32:49 2023
    On Monday, October 23, 2023 at 10:35:52 AM UTC-4, Matt Walsh wrote:
    You know, we take a lot of flack here at The Daily Wire.

Thank you! Between this Usenet article and the previous one, both of which clearly identified themselves as coming from The Daily Wire, I now know
    to never ever to visit The Daily Wire website, because it will bore the crap out of me.

Here's a clue: Usenet is not your personal outhouse to dump your shit on.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)