• Health Alert: Hereditary Hemochromatosis: NOT rare! READ please!

From matteolange@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 20 11:04:48 2020
    People should also know that there are different forms of Hereditary Hemochromatosis depending on the genetic mutation involved. If you are homozygote (2 C282y genes) you are in a higher risk category and may well experience significant joint issues and
    peripheral neuropathy regardless of blood letting. This is due to the toxicity of this form of HH and the confusion it creates for your immune system in the peripheral regions (akin to an autoimmune disease). My symptoms occurred after the age of 50 and
    now at 56 I've already had my right hip replaced, 3 cervical vertibrae fused and my left foot fixed. In addition I've been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy which is progressing badly. Get informed! Your doctor is not likely to know about this
    specific condition and may well confuse it with non-primary HH or heterozygote form. Research case history and small group studies regarding these issues. The biggest problem homozygote HH patients have is the lack of large group studies and the ensuing
    lack of awareness with health care providers.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)