• -The Daily Beast.-

From DirtBag@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 22 15:08:41 2021
    The busboys listen to Trumps rants.....
    An “amoral sack of shit".

Is Donald Trump going to live out his twilight years in prison? That‘s obviously a scenario that many people would love to see come to fruition, not just because of the immense damage he did to the country and democracy during his four years in office,
    but because of the fact that he’s spent his entire life escaping any and all consequences for being what legal experts call an “amoral sack of shit.” And while at the end of the day we can’t say for sure whether Trump will spend his final days in
    a prison cell, blathering away to his fellow inmates about how the 2020 election was stolen from him, or if he’ll simply make some unsuspecting Mar-a-Lago busboys listen to his rants about Joe Biden, windmills, and having to flush the toilet “10 [to]
    15 times,” recent revelations suggest his outlook is not good.

The Daily Beast reports that a defense attorney for longtime Trump Organization chief financial officer Allen Weisselberg, who was charged in July with 15 felony counts including criminal tax fraud, grand larceny, falsifying business records, and
    scheming to defraud the government, revealed in court on Monday that prosecutors have discovered a “tranche of evidence in the basement of a coconspirator in the Trump Organization tax fraud case.” Though it’s not clear who the coconspirator is,
    two sources close to the investigation told The Daily Beast that “prosecutors have been more closely scrutinizing Matthew Calamari, a Trump bodyguard who rose through the ranks to become the company’s chief operating officer,” while others believe
    the individual in question may be Trump Organization controller Jeff McConney, who has been Weisselberg’s deputy for years and has already testified before the grand jury, according to the outlet. Equally significant? According to Weisselberg‘s
    lawyer, Bryan C. Skarlatos, the defense has “strong reason to believe there could be other indictments coming.” Obviously, those could be for any current or former Trump Organization employees, from Calamari to Trump’s three eldest children, to the
    ex-president himself.

(“We remain in discussions with the district attorney’s office relating to Matthew Calamari Sr.,” Calamari’s lawyer, Nicholas Gravante, told Bloomberg on Monday. “But we continue to believe there is no basis for indicting him. If they presently
    intended to indict him, I would have been informed. I haven’t been and, in fact, have not been informed to the contrary.”)

Attorneys for Weisselberg—who, like the Trump Organization, has pleaded not guilty—brought up the new evidence while trying to get the presiding judge to push back an eventual trial date, arguing that they need more time to review what they said is
    more than 3 million documents, according to The Daily Beast. Prosecutor Solomon Shinerock took issue with Skarlatos’s complaint, noting that, as CFO of the company, the documents would be very familiar to Weisselberg. “They are almost exclusively and
    an overwhelmingly majority are Trump Organization records,” Shinerock said. “Mr. Weisselberg has been with the Trump Organization for 35 years and he’s the chief financial officer. And while he may not have technical access to certain of the
    records, as to the financial records, Mr. Weisselberg is the boss.” The judge set the next hearing in the case for January 22, 2022, and told lawyers to expect that a trial will likely begin in late August or early September 2022, Bloomberg noted.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Winston@21:1/5 to DirtBag on Thu Sep 23 03:26:20 2021
    DirtBag <rampworm@gmail.com> writes:
    The judge set the next hearing in the case for January 22, 2022, and
    told lawyers to expect that a trial will likely begin in late August
    or early September 2022, Bloomberg noted.

I have no idea what the case backlog in the relevant court looks like,
    or whether 11 months (from now) before the case starts is typical for
    such cases (lawyers are sometimes fond of continuances), but my first impression of a start date of August-September, 2022 -- just before the mid-term elections and in the middle of campaign season -- looks
    politically timed rather than just the normal course of court business.
    The best way to avoid that appearance would be to delay the case until
    after election season, but those hoping for a conviction will probably
    see that timing as a plus.
    -WBE

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From DirtBag@21:1/5 to Winston on Wed Sep 29 12:39:38 2021
    On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 12:26:22 AM UTC-7, Winston wrote:
    DirtBag <ramp...@gmail.com> writes:
    such cases (lawyers are sometimes fond of continuances), but my first impression of a start date of August-September, 2022 -- just before the mid-term elections and in the middle of campaign season -- looks
    -WBE

IDK when. But I want to watch the circus around his trial.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From -=DirtBag@21:1/5 to Winston on Wed Jan 5 07:21:32 2022
    On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 12:26:22 AM UTC-7, Winston wrote:
    DirtBag <ramp...@gmail.com> writes:
    -WBE

IDK.. I just want justice served. This crook tried to ruin our Union.
    For that he must be punished. His crooked family too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05