A shocking video of two Kenya Power technicians getting
electrocuted while working on electric posts holding a
transformer, has horrified many on social media.
The employees supposedly from Nakuru County were on Sunday
attending to a transmission line next to Ashok Leyland when they
got burnt on the spot.
The disturbing video shows the two men suspended on the poles,
when one gets in contact with the live wires sparking fire at
In the video captured by a by-stander, the man tries to get up
but unfortunately touches the live wires again hence suffers
another electric shock amidst screams from onlookers.
After the dreadful incident, the two were later removed from the
posts and rushed to Valley Hospital in Nakuru
The electricity company indicated that the two were in stable
condition and communicating.
“It was not fatal as reported in social media platforms. We are
conducting thorough investigations to find the cause of the
unfortunate incident and enhance safety measures to prevent such
occurrences in future,” Kenya Power General Manager for Network
Management, Daniel Tare stated.
A section of the public, however, blamed the Kenya Power for the
unfortunate incident, as the electricity ought to be switched
off during such operations.