• Social Worker Assessments

From fernandez.steff@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 15 23:39:06 2017
    Dear John,

Im in the process of completing the IQA form and I have a few doubts. Would you be able to help, I just need to know if my application is on the right track so far.

Any help, suggestions, words of wisdom will be muchly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Patricia Gorman@21:1/5 to John Aggus on Sun Nov 12 00:01:18 2017
    On Friday, November 1, 2002 at 8:38:59 PM UTC+8, John Aggus wrote:
    For anyone who might be interested:
    In early September I sent off my application for my qualifications to be assessed. I have received information back from the Australian Association
    of Social Workers (AASW) stating that the waiting list for assessment is *3 months*. I think I am right in saying that you cannot apply for Skilled Independent or Skill Matching until you qualifications are approved therefore, any Social Workers intending to apply will need to take this additional timescale into account. Trudi Marchent (the AASW Assessment officer) is really helpful and can be contacted via the AASW website (www.aasw.asn.au). I'm not sure if its the same situation for Welfare Workers.

I am also in the process of looking into migrating to Victoria under the
    STNI scheme because there is a demand for certain types of Social Workers (Older People/Health/Trauma). This is useful if like me you do not have enough points (only 110). Is there anyone else in a similar situation?
    --
    Cheers
    John

You will find employment easy, what state are you moving to?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)