• Building Your Immigration Practice: Should You Write a Book?

From S. Esther Ring@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 2 22:13:54 2017
    I’m Sheila Danzig, international education expert and executive director at TheDegreePeople, a foreign

credential evaluation agency. I also run a strong marketing division, and I want to share with you my

expertise to help you build your immigration law practice so you can help more clients get approved for

the Visas they deserve. I usually write about the Visa process and how to avoid or resolve RFEs, Denials,

and NOIDs. Today, let’s talk about how to build your practice.

For any kind of consultant, there are few better career decisions than writing a book. Now is the time to

write the book on immigration law. Publish a non-fiction book, do it right, and watch the opportunities

present themselves as you build your audience, write your book, and promote what you’ve written. Note

the “do it right” part. Simply writing a book will not make you an overnight success. When you commit

to writing a book, you commit to being an author. In this case, when you commit to your book, you

agree to make its topic the central focus of your immigration law practice for at least the next few

years.

Before you commit to being an author, here are three questions you need to ask yourself:

Do I REALLY want to put myself and my ideas out there for all to see? This means taking a public stand

and being held accountable to the words you write. You will never be able to please everyone, and you

won’t be able to sit down with everyone who reads your book and explain yourself. However, if you

invite your readers to get in touch with you with any questions they may have regarding what you’ve

written, you’ve taken a massive step towards building your business. . . . Read More . . . .

http://www.thedegreepeople.com/building-your-immigration-practice-should-you-write-a-book/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)