• Curtis Leffler is dead

From jeffrice@preferredhometeam.com@21:1/5 to O Starr on Thu Jun 22 18:57:49 2017
    On Thursday, September 3, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, O Starr wrote:

He is a fairly well known professional body builder who has
    undoubtedly died due to complications caused by steriod use.
    He isn't the first. He won't be the last. You'd probably
    recognize him. Check out this picture...

http://www.bodybuilder.org/gallery/fullsize/leffle02.jpg

Lenny

his death was somewhat steroid/BB related. He was injecting synthol and it he got a vein, the synthol traveled to his brain/heart/lungs which was fatal.

I wasn't going to post on this thread, but I'm not going to sit by and let a bunch of assholes (or at least one ASSHOLE) trash someone needlessly.

Curtis was not an IFBB Pro, but he was a top level national amateur competitor.

He was also a well known strongman competitor, but beyond this, Curtis was truly a nice guy. A gentle giant if you will.

I understand that Curtis' body is currently being autopsied, but it is thought
    that he died, NOT OF ANYTHING RELATED TO STEROIDS, but do to a blood clot that
    formed when he ruptured a vein in his leg, moving either to his brain or heart.

It is both totally inconsiderate, and insolently speculative to use the death of someone to promote your anti-steroid rhetoric.

Doubtless some of the Holier Than Thou magazines and posters to this board will
    take this opportunity to use this tragedy to make their anti-steroid position seem more valid.

The fact is, people die all the time, those that use steroids and those that don't. To assume that Curtis, or anyone, died due to steroids, and make such a
    statement without even the most cursory verification is both wrong and slanderous.

Curtis was a friend. I won't sit back and let some online moron like you trash
    his name.

Since I can tell from your post that you don't have any knowledge of Curtis, why don't you shut your ignorant fucking trap before someone shuts it for you???

As I was writing this, Curtis' brother, Chriss called me to fill me in.

Curtis died of natural causes related to a problem that runs in his family (cardiac related).

NOT STEROIDS YOU DUMB ASS CUNT!!!

Curtis was regarded by friends and competitors alike as a gentle giant, and I will always be in awe of his size, strength and gentle demeanor.

Many people don't know that Curtis had a son, Curtis Leffler Junior.

His son was one of the most important things in his life.

If you'd like to send a donation or a condolence card, please send it to:

Curtis Leffler Junior
    PO Box 700357
    Kapolei, HI 96709

Oliver

I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. -- Hunter S. Thompson

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From simongallagher98@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 17 07:15:25 2017
    So sad R.I.P

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)