• Dispatcher question

From daniel anderson@21:1/5 to All on Thu Sep 10 09:40:18 2015
    what happens when a dispatcher calls in? the reason I ask is one time I was watching "On Scene: Emergency Response" and heard the Lifeflight dispatch tell the pilot(cant remember his name), and the flight nurse, Christie Wilson where the accident was at
    and also where they should land at my question is should the helicopter crew be told where to land since there are firefighters and probably a ground ambulance too at the scene?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tom Horne@21:1/5 to daniel anderson on Fri Sep 11 06:35:34 2015
    On Thursday, September 10, 2015 at 12:40:18 PM UTC-4, daniel anderson wrote:
    what happens when a dispatcher calls in? the reason I ask is one time I was watching "On Scene: Emergency Response" and heard the Lifeflight dispatch tell the pilot(cant remember his name), and the flight nurse, Christie Wilson where the accident was
    at and also where they should land at my question is should the helicopter crew be told where to land since there are firefighters and probably a ground ambulance too at the scene?

The air crew may not have radio contact with the people on the scene. That is especially true with trunked radio systems that you cannot talk on without your radio being set up for that talk group in advance. It isn't like it used to be when the air
    crew could dial in the frequency and talk to the scene directly. It is now often true that the landing instructions have to be relayed through the respective dispatchers.

Tom Horne

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)