• Some "frugal living" suggestions

From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jan 30 10:01:33 2023
    1. Review choices of automatic payments and try to pay with cash.
    a. Amazon is now increasing its annual payment for free delivery with Amazon Prime, and only for pricier shipments.
    b. Previously, automatic payments for like cell phone were less, but now competition has reduced cost with other companies.
    c. InstaCart is raising cost per year, despite miserable performance delivering. (My strategy is sell car, use taxi and free transportation services in some cities. My housing group does monthly bus trips to different malls.)
    d. Instead of automatically paying credit card balances, check to see if any charges are deniable, and let credit card company dispute for you. My Costco City Bank Visa has helped me.

2. Guard against all "free" computer downloads, which will become automatic charges for upgrades, once you give them your credit card info. And don't be misled by all the ads mentioning "FREE."

3. Consider doubtful donations to Not- For- Profit and Non-Profit companies, which are paying themselves as administrators. Moreover, they are likely to be in conflict of interest mode, especially if aimed at political agendas, getting party
    representatives elected, etc..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)