• Coffee, tea or not?

From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 13 07:50:45 2023
    Price of coffee and tea these days is high enough to warrant some frugal-living review, IMO.

In the first place, is having coffee and/or tea, with or without caffeine, a good investment? We usually don't do this, but seems like the cost of coffee maker, coffee bags, and wanted cream and/or sugar adds up. Chore of cleaning up is also a factor.
    My check on really desirable Supreme Columbian coffee is about $20 lb, bags for automatic makers, like Krug is up there too.

Cutting to the chase, I can offer my solution for tea and coffee service.

For tea, I now go for the basics, like tea bags or something good from Amazon, like Lung Ching/Dragonwell, which I simply put in a filter above a receptacle and immerse in hot water of the right temperature. If I want/need to brew without a filter, I
    have a plastic that functions as a filter, requiring only a few minutes to brew and allow release valve to empty.

For coffee, I have returned to the glass percolator, that takes longer, but allows a visual check on when the coffee is done. The slow perk seems to work well, especially if you are a perfectionist and grind, even cook your own beans.

My frugal-living review of the cost-benefits of brewing coffee and tea in different ways may not suit others, but maybe allows satisfactions, too.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)