• New Year's frugal-living plan

From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 1 07:53:16 2023
    Going to sort out my file system: read through my folders, eliminate duplications, replace worn folders, add labels according to new categories, arrange folders by some order, maybe colors, numbers, and dividers, and finally have the file system labels
    in a document so I can review and search for location of a folder. Not sure about the logical order the categories might have.

Might start out with review of the desired categories, in case I'm missing needed ones. This would be the reverse of how folders got started and filed away in any order.

Also I have documents filed away by year in envelope boxes in a separatge drawer that need to be factored in. This would reduce all my files to one organized system that fits into one large drawer at my desk. Trying in my frugal way to avoid adding a
    filing cabinet.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Beaver Fever@21:1/5 to daka...@gmail.com on Mon Jan 2 13:46:08 2023
    On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 7:53:19 AM UTC-8, daka...@gmail.com wrote:
    Going to sort out my file system: read through my folders, eliminate duplications, replace worn folders, add labels according to new categories, arrange folders by some order, maybe colors, numbers, and dividers, and finally have the file system labels
    in a document so I can review and search for location of a folder. Not sure about the logical order the categories might have.

Might start out with review of the desired categories, in case I'm missing needed ones. This would be the reverse of how folders got started and filed away in any order.

Also I have documents filed away by year in envelope boxes in a separatge drawer that need to be factored in. This would reduce all my files to one organized system that fits into one large drawer at my desk. Trying in my frugal way to avoid adding a
    filing cabinet.

I just sorta kicked it

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)