• "About people complaining about the loan forgiveness"

From Lenona@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 28 18:50:23 2022
    I thought this was thought-provoking.

https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/wzd88w/rant_here_about_people_complaining_about_the_loan/

"As many of you (in) the usa may know. Biden, passed a long forgiveness program that would bring some much needed relief for those of who have been working hard to get those student loans. One of the things I hate its how so many people are complaining
    about how 'My tax dollars are going to pay for this.' but those same people have children.

"Yes it was my choice to go to college but it was also your choice to have kids.

"I wouldn't dream of asking the government to stop paying for public schools and putting that 15-20k per child cost onto the parents directly. I also pay more in taxes than people my own age with kids because they get a bigger refund due to their
    children. Maybe I should write my congressmen and point out that since people choose to have kids they shouldn't be rewarded for having them by child free tax payers?

"Note: I am not against funding for public schools as I attended one and believe all children should have a fine education and also agree that kids are expensive so I understand the logic for things like child tax credits etc. but it irks me to no end
    how many people with children are complaining about the tax payers picking up the bill for student loan forgiveness while they get a bigger tax rebate and I help pay for their kids education."

(end)

80-plus comments so far. Many are quite good. Here's one:

heresmytwopence
    "THEY benefit too. Tradespeople don’t create cars and trucks, HVAC systems, appliances, heavy machinery or power tools. They don’t design buildings, roads and bridges. They don’t handle complex business, financial and legal issues. Unless they live
    and work directly off the land using their bare hands or handmade tools, their careers are dependent on the work of others, many of them college graduates. They, get to walk into careers created for them by people who had to pay out of their own pockets
    to train for their jobs."

And elsewhere, I said (not on Reddit): "imagine a world in which people who say they can't wait to have a first or second child actually gave it as much careful financial thought as they would before getting a dog or a car."

Well, what do you know...I was right, contrary to what a nasty person said to me about that. Dumb couples like that DO exist. In large numbers.

"We can't afford to replace a car battery so we're down to 1 car" but also "We can't wait to be pregnant! We're going to start trying soon!"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/wzjkwo/we_cant_afford_to_replace_a_car_battery_so_were/

42 comments.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to Lenona on Mon Aug 29 23:44:11 2022
    On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 5:50:26 PM UTC-8, Lenona wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/wzd88w/rant_here_about_people_complaining_about_the_loan/

"As many of you (in) the usa may know. Biden, passed a long forgiveness program that would bring some much needed relief for those of who have been working hard to get those student loans. One of the things I hate its how so many people are complaining
    about how 'My tax dollars are going to pay for this.' but those same people have children.

"Yes it was my choice to go to college but it was also your choice to have kids.

"I wouldn't dream of asking the government to stop paying for public schools and putting that 15-20k per child cost onto the parents directly. I also pay more in taxes than people my own age with kids because they get a bigger refund due to their
    children. Maybe I should write my congressmen and point out that since people choose to have kids they shouldn't be rewarded for having them by child free tax payers?

"Note: I am not against funding for public schools as I attended one and believe all children should have a fine education and also agree that kids are expensive so I understand the logic for things like child tax credits etc. but it irks me to no end
    how many people with children are complaining about the tax payers picking up the bill for student loan forgiveness while they get a bigger tax rebate and I help pay for their kids education."

(end)

heresmytwopence
    "THEY benefit too. Tradespeople don’t create cars and trucks, HVAC systems, appliances, heavy machinery or power tools. They don’t design buildings, roads and bridges. They don’t handle complex business, financial and legal issues. Unless they
    live and work directly off the land using their bare hands or handmade tools, their careers are dependent on the work of others, many of them college graduates. They, get to walk into careers created for them by people who had to pay out of their own
    pockets to train for their jobs."

And elsewhere, I said (not on Reddit): "imagine a world in which people who say they can't wait to have a first or second child actually gave it as much careful financial thought as they would before getting a dog or a car."

Well, what do you know...I was right, contrary to what a nasty person said to me about that. Dumb couples like that DO exist. In large numbers.

"We can't afford to replace a car battery so we're down to 1 car" but also "We can't wait to be pregnant! We're going to start trying soon!"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/childfree/comments/wzjkwo/we_cant_afford_to_replace_a_car_battery_so_were/

42 comments.
    ----------
    What I remember about students using loans to pay for college is that, from the beginning, the programs have been taken advantage of by clever students who put the money into other uses, like investing in stocks and bonds. Like many pyramid schemes, it'
    s simply a matter of collecting the money now, then paying back later, when interests are factored in. So by all means, get your student loan, even better now that you get it as a freebie.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bob F@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Tue Aug 30 16:12:15 2022
    On 8/29/2022 11:44 PM, Dim Witte wrote:
    On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 5:50:26 PM UTC-8, Lenona wrote:

"As many of you (in) the usa may know. Biden, passed a long forgiveness program that would bring some much needed relief for those of who have been working hard to get those student loans. One of the things I hate its how so many people are
    complaining about how 'My tax dollars are going to pay for this.' but those same people have children.

(end)

heresmytwopence
    "THEY benefit too. Tradespeople don’t create cars and trucks, HVAC systems, appliances, heavy machinery or power tools. They don’t design buildings, roads and bridges. They don’t handle complex business, financial and legal issues. Unless they
    live and work directly off the land using their bare hands or handmade tools, their careers are dependent on the work of others, many of them college graduates. They, get to walk into careers created for them by people who had to pay out of their own
    pockets to train for their jobs."

42 comments.
    ----------
    What I remember about students using loans to pay for college is that, from the beginning, the programs have been taken advantage of by clever students who put the money into other uses, like investing in stocks and bonds. Like many pyramid schemes,
    it's simply a matter of collecting the money now, then paying back later, when interests are factored in. So by all means, get your student loan, even better now that you get it as a freebie.

I wouldn't be surprise that your rightie friends would stoop that low.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05