• Using grocery delivery service

From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to All on Sun Aug 28 15:23:54 2022
    I opted to invests in a store delivery service, using Boost at Fred Meyer. For I get free delivery for a year for $60, plus a tip of 5% or more. Can get deliver to my doorstep the same or following day.

Problem is that chosen items offered on-line turn out not to be "unavailable," in which case you can allow substitutions at your discretion.

What happened to prompt my post is that my last delivery was for only about half of what I chose from advertised items, and two items said to be "substitutions" were, in fact, not delivered.

Result was that I contacted Fred Meyer about this, then got their email response, apologizing and paying to my account about double what wasn't delivered.

I'm keeping an eye on the Fred Meyer delivery service, but have thanked them for responding responsibly. In future, I'm going to try ordering without authorizing any substitutes.

Another delivery service out there is InstaCart, which you can use free for three deliveries.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Thu Sep 8 23:13:56 2022
    On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 2:23:57 PM UTC-8, Dim Witte wrote:
    I opted to invests in a store delivery service, using Boost at Fred Meyer. For I get free delivery for a year for $60, plus a tip of 5% or more. Can get deliver to my doorstep the same or following day.

Problem is that chosen items offered on-line turn out not to be "unavailable," in which case you can allow substitutions at your discretion.

What happened to prompt my post is that my last delivery was for only about half of what I chose from advertised items, and two items said to be "substitutions" were, in fact, not delivered.

Result was that I contacted Fred Meyer about this, then got their email response, apologizing and paying to my account about double what wasn't delivered.

I'm keeping an eye on the Fred Meyer delivery service, but have thanked them for responding responsibly. In future, I'm going to try ordering without authorizing any substitutes.

Another delivery service out there is InstaCart, which you can use free for three deliveries.
    -------------
    Today I have again been disserviced by Fred Meyer's delivery service, which has reported delivery to me of an order not received. Again, I'm forced to email Fred Meyer about an even greater fraud, and hope it will resolve this as before.

Beginning to wonder about grocery delivery services. Maybe have to go back to delivering my self at the store.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Fri Sep 9 22:26:00 2022
    On Thursday, September 8, 2022 at 10:13:59 PM UTC-8, Dim Witte wrote:
    On Sunday, August 28, 2022 at 2:23:57 PM UTC-8, Dim Witte wrote:

-------------
    Today I have again been disserviced by Fred Meyer's delivery service, which has reported delivery to me of an order not received. Again, I'm forced to email Fred Meyer about an even greater fraud, and hope it will resolve this as before.

Beginning to wonder about grocery delivery services. Maybe have to go back to delivering my self at the store.
    --------------
    Tried to be assertive about getting the attention of Fred Meyer by making a report asking for email return, then called their Senior Help line about my non-delivery case and got a sympathetic clerk to contact them--again. But when she transferred my
    call to the Fred Meyer owner corporation to see about getting a refund of my payment for delivery services for a year, the man who answered disconnected the call. Just waiting now to see if my frugal attempts at grocery delivery justice are rewarded.
    Gets my gander enough to consider suing in Small Claims Court for 1) loss of payment for groceries not delivered, 2) recovery of payment for 1 year "free" delivery, 3) expenses from going to court and loss of time, and 4) damages caused by repeated
    failure to deliver by Fred Meyer and Instacart.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05