• yard tool stand

From vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.co@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 5 06:57:38 2021
    XPost: alt.home.repair

When I inheriited our home's yard work five years ago I got an office garbage pail and stood yard tools up in it. It tilted, so I found this Rubbermaid triangular stand with slots for each tool. Tools as in shovels, sledge
    hammer, axe hoe (looks like a big axe, has axe on one side ond a digging side which is perpenduclar to the axe blade), grass aerator, edge trimmer, hole digger (two swiveled small shovels for diggin new plants or fence posts) and
    so on. Well, this thing kinda tilts too, which is pretty much to be expected as it is top heavy. Well, the risk is the all these sixty year old tools will fall on my fifty year old bike. So I was thinking I could put a cinder block or two on the lower tray shelve, but of ocurse it could cause the plastic tray
    to crack. So I was thinking I could dig up some unused paving stone the size
    of the cinder block and put it underneath. Indeed, I'm thinking the old
    garbage pail would have worked just fine with a cinder block in it. We also have some half inch thick rebar poles that I could try to bend into a cage
    with two rings to hold the tools uo with. But I'm not exactly sure how my uncles bent rebar pole fifty years ago; they had made a loop in the poles and ran laundry drying rope through them and that was our fence for the first
    five years we moved here. I've got a few days to tackle this, if the weather holds, so I figure I'd ask for better ideas.

--
    Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
    blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
    facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com
    ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice. Everything fully disclaimed.}---

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)