• Semi-OT: "My Quest to Downsize Without Throwing Anything Away"

From Lenona@21:1/5 to All on Sun Oct 22 11:24:45 2023
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to Lenona on Sat Nov 4 04:08:47 2023
    On Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 10:24:49 AM UTC-8, Lenona wrote:
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/how-we-downsized-and-sold-our-house-without-creating-waste.html?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

Talked to my neighbor lady about discarding household items, but continually buy new ones, especially from Amazon with its fast delivery. She was replacing old with new items, while I was reducing everything, including my car and initially costly
    kitchen machines, like an automatic coffee maker, Cusinart slicer, pressure cooker, etc.; and just emptying unused items from over-full drawers.

It seemed to emerge in our conversation that we do derive some satisfactions from buying stuff, but then want to reduce diversions from simple self-sufficiency. She is both buying and giving away, and I am on the downhill side with giving away to a
    thrift shop, etc..

I've been on a diet to lose weight, too, but admit to looking forward to Thanksgiving pumpkin pie with whipped cream and Black Walnut ice cream. It seems this time of year we are prone to rethink our lives and get a little depressed, but eating special
    stuff helps.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)