• =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_=22I=E2=80=99m_61=2C_single_and_have_an_MBA=2E_I=E2=80=

From Lenona@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jul 28 11:13:26 2023
    Check out the comments, too - there aren't that many.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to Lenona on Fri Jul 28 17:02:01 2023
    On Friday, July 28, 2023 at 10:10:00 AM UTC-8, Lenona wrote:
    Fascinating.

Of course, in his response, Quentin offers hope.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/im-tired-and-cant-sustain-this-pace-im-61-single-and-have-an-mba-i-lost-my-job-and-im-draining-my-savings-can-you-help-d57a7c3f

As an 87 year-old with similare if less signifigant financial hangups, I can suggest that you simply retire at 67 and manage expenses based on that. Your life of material wealth can be reduced then, and you can probably sell your car and do without auto
    insurance. In the long run, you're looking at subsistence life style with likely assisted living, hoping your health holds up. Likely you could reduce circumstances of lodging, etc., not be taking vacations, letting relatives support you, instead of
    you them, finding comefortable sharing with similar others.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Fri Jul 28 21:21:54 2023
    On Friday, July 28, 2023 at 4:02:04 PM UTC-8, Dim Witte wrote:
    On Friday, July 28, 2023 at 10:10:00 AM UTC-8, Lenona wrote:
    Fascinating.

Of course, in his response, Quentin offers hope.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/im-tired-and-cant-sustain-this-pace-im-61-single-and-have-an-mba-i-lost-my-job-and-im-draining-my-savings-can-you-help-d57a7c3f
    As an 87 year-old with similare if less signifigant financial hangups, I can suggest that you simply retire at 67 and manage expenses based on that. Your life of material wealth can be reduced then, and you can probably sell your car and do without
    auto insurance. In the long run, you're looking at subsistence life style with likely assisted living, hoping your health holds up. Likely you could reduce circumstances of lodging, etc., not be taking vacations, letting relatives support you, instead of
    you them, finding comefortable sharing with similar others.

Another suggestion is that you sell what you don't need, move to a small city with less overhead, and take a new job using your skills, such as independent book-keeper/accountant for local businesses, or even stay at home similar jobs.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05