• Reverse hoardig

From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 27 22:01:11 2023
    TV series on hoarding tries to identify a fixation on collecting memorabilia by shopping, then dumping in one's home, greatly distressing relatives perhaps noticing their inheritance going in the dump.

What I'm onto is something akin to reverse hoarding, where you unpack your materials hoarded and get satisfaction in the doing.

Not talking about going caveman or isolado, but getting rid of material wealth and stuff you once collected. Ideal might be to get, like Thoreau, to a place where you reduce life to simple terms, what some interpretations of his purpose say, "to lead a
    life according to nature and to determine the real necessities of life."

My point is simply to eliminate lots of material wealth that clutters up your existence, and just get rid of everything you don't need, by selling it or giving it away to someone that needs it.

I've been getting rid of lots of stored-up stuff so my closets and drawers are no longer crowded. Sold my car, tools, machines, all my sporting gear, gave away clothes and even stored food, and now like the idea of using up what's in my refrigerator.
    Gone so far as to like not caring about lost money or business. My primary care doctor questioned me about this, even confessed he, too, was no longer interested in accomplishments and advancement. I objected when he seemed to inquire about my attitude
    toward suicide or something, which would be the opposite of where my head is.

An example of my idea of going simple and essential is what I did today about improving my water distiller and coffee percolator. I took away the carbon filter from the spout of the distiller, and removed the strainer from the basket of my percolator,
    which in both cases resulted in a better flow and improved result.

Go figure, can I reduce life to small jobs for the sake of self-satisfaction and keeping busy? Maybe this year I'll return to gardening.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)