• Does Costco fraud us?

From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 12 23:29:17 2023
    I just visited Costco and looked at the first isle of canned fish, supposedly at a bulk price. Tuna in 12 oz. cans seemed cheap, but then I looked at the contents label in small print and discovered that it has 5 oz. of water. I brought this to the
    attention of a manager standing nearby, and he assured me the label is accurate and there is no fraud.

Maybe it's just that I don't really trust Costco or the way it markets its store card along with the Costco Citi Visa credit card. You have to be a member of Costco or the card gets cancelled.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bob F@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Thu Apr 13 07:44:21 2023
    On 4/12/2023 11:29 PM, Dim Witte wrote:
    I just visited Costco and looked at the first isle of canned fish, supposedly at a bulk price. Tuna in 12 oz. cans seemed cheap, but then I looked at the contents label in small print and discovered that it has 5 oz. of water. I brought this to the
    attention of a manager standing nearby, and he assured me the label is accurate and there is no fraud.

Maybe it's just that I don't really trust Costco or the way it markets its store card along with the Costco Citi Visa credit card. You have to be a member of Costco or the card gets cancelled.

The friggin' card gets you into the store. What would you expect?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Thu Apr 13 07:46:00 2023
    On Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 11:29:20 PM UTC-7, Dim Witte wrote:

(2023 Youtube upload):

"Costco Sends Signal About Consumer Spending"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05