• IRS site is a joke

From anthona@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 24 12:31:52 2023
    I have to create an account just to ask a tax question. All i want is to make a copy of the qualified dividends of capital gains and loss worksheet . They have it in the instruction booklet, but with a grey background which is bad for me to read with my
    eyesight. I put that title in the search box and all that appears is Schedule D, nothing about a worksheet. I googled and all i get is the copy of that worksheet for the year 2018, which does me nothing. Does anyone here know how i can get a good,
    legible copy of it for these 94 year old eyes? I still like to do my own tax's.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Real Bev@21:1/5 to anthona on Fri Mar 24 22:32:49 2023
    On 3/24/23 12:31 PM, anthona wrote:
    I have to create an account just to ask a tax question. All i want is to make a copy of the qualified dividends of capital gains and loss worksheet . They have it in the instruction booklet, but with a grey background which is bad for me to read with
    my eyesight. I put that title in the search box and all that appears is Schedule D, nothing about a worksheet. I googled and all i get is the copy of that worksheet for the year 2018, which does me nothing. Does anyone here know how i can get a good,

Here is a link to a Schedule D (capital gains & losses) pdf which you
    can print. There are also instructions. You should be able to find the
    other forms you need by searching here.

https://www.irs.gov/site-index-search?search=capital+gains&field_pup_historical_1=1&field_pup_historical=1

--
    Cheers, Bev
    Giving advice likely to kill the stupid is called passive eugenics.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bob F@21:1/5 to anthona on Sat Mar 25 06:14:33 2023
    On 3/25/2023 5:20 AM, anthona wrote:
    On Saturday, March 25, 2023 at 1:32:56 AM UTC-4, The Real Bev wrote:
    I have to create an account just to ask a tax question. All i want is to make a copy of the qualified dividends of capital gains and loss worksheet . They have it in the instruction booklet, but with a grey background which is bad for me to read with
    my eyesight. I put that title in the search box and all that appears is Schedule D, nothing about a worksheet. I googled and all i get is the copy of that worksheet for the year 2018, which does me nothing. Does anyone here know how i can get a good,
    legible copy of it for these 94 year old eyes? I still like to do my own tax's. >> Here is a link to a Schedule D (capital gains & losses) pdf which you

https://www.irs.gov/site-index-search?search=capital+gains&field_pup_historical_1=1&field_pup_historical=1

--
    Cheers, Bev
    Thank you, but i have Schedule D forms, in fact getting most forms that have a number or letter are the easiest to get....its the worksheets that are hard or even possible to get...Schedule D tells me that I need to do the Qualified dividend capital
    gains worksheet..and the only one i do see is the one printed in the 1040 instruction book, which with its grey background makes it difficult to read the numbers or the questions. When i was younger i had no probem reading. When i scan and make a
    printout, the results are even worse.

https://www.drakeetc.com/modules/1057/13-deductions/images/WK_CGTAX.pdf

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From anthona@21:1/5 to The Real Bev on Sat Mar 25 05:20:15 2023

--
    Cheers, Bev
    Thank you, but i have Schedule D forms, in fact getting most forms that have a number or letter are the easiest to get....its the worksheets that are hard or even possible to get...Schedule D tells me that I need to do the Qualified dividend capital
    gains worksheet..and the only one i do see is the one printed in the 1040 instruction book, which with its grey background makes it difficult to read the numbers or the questions. When i was younger i had no probem reading. When i scan and make a

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Real Bev@21:1/5 to anthona on Sat Mar 25 09:49:36 2023
    On 3/25/23 5:20 AM, anthona wrote:
    I have to create an account just to ask a tax question. All i want is to make a copy of the qualified dividends of capital gains and loss worksheet . They have it in the instruction booklet, but with a grey background which is bad for me to read
    with my eyesight. I put that title in the search box and all that appears is Schedule D, nothing about a worksheet. I googled and all i get is the copy of that worksheet for the year 2018, which does me nothing. Does anyone here know how i can get a good,

A more readable website:
    https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/form1099div.asp

I suggest you bite the bullet and buy some tax software. I used
    TurboTax for a while until it lied to me about submitting my return
    on-line, and now I use HRBlock and send paper. It's cheaper and a
    little clunkier and sometimes you need to beat it into submission, but
    it deals with worksheets nicely.

I used to do our taxes by hand, carefully perusing Publication 17 to
    make sure I did things correctly. The software is better. I don't want
    to think about how nice a car I give the feds each year -- I just want
    to fill in the forms, write the checks and forget the whole thing until
    next year.

Plenty of other things to stress about :-(

--
    Cheers, Bev
    When you wish upon a falling star your dreams can come true. Unless
    it's really a meteorite hurtling to the earth which will destroy all
    life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for.
    Unless it's death by meteor. --Demotivators

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05