• Frugal transportation

From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 20 13:51:57 2023
    1. Sell your car and stop paying for insurance.
    2. Connect with FREE transportation:
    a. once a week or month free bus trip from home to grocery store. I sign up for once a month grocery trip and back aboard a city bus that allows wheelers.
    b. once a week free city bus transportation that allows wheelers. My city allows Wednesday free bus rides everywhere.
    c. sign up with free or low cost transportation service for seniors and disabled with wheels and assistants. I have an account where I can schedule free delivery and return from appointments, and other, as needed.
    d. usually a service that has info about the above.
    3. Possibly join a small group for weekly trips? I understand that taxi service allows up to 4 or 5 at a time for same price, which you could split.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Beaver Fever@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Mon Mar 20 19:53:07 2023
    On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 1:52:00 PM UTC-7, Dim Witte wrote:
    a. once a week or month free bus trip from home to grocery store. I sign up for once a month grocery trip and back aboard a city bus that allows wheelers.
    b. once a week free city bus transportation that allows wheelers. My city allows Wednesday free bus rides everywhere.
    c. sign up with free or low cost transportation service for seniors and disabled with wheels and assistants. I have an account where I can schedule free delivery and return from appointments, and other, as needed.
    3. Possibly join a small group for weekly trips? I understand that taxi service allows up to 4 or 5 at a time for same price, which you could split.

I walk everywhere.

Except when it's too far so I take the bus.

Or don't go.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gggg gggg@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Mon Mar 20 20:21:40 2023
    On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 1:52:00 PM UTC-7, Dim Witte wrote:

Public transportation is free in Luxembuorg:

https://news.yahoo.com/traveled-around-luxembourg-first-country-063000937.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Thu Mar 23 10:22:42 2023
    On Monday, March 20, 2023 at 12:52:00 PM UTC-8, Dim Witte wrote:
    ------
    Or it occurred to me that a few could start their own NFP business/corporation of transporting nearby. This would mean that you could buy a car and insurance, pay yourselves with start-up money and salaries you declare as expenses. Pay several of you
    as partners? Buy a 9-seat station wagon or even small bus?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05