• Crock pot vs. microwave

From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 10 18:58:40 2023
    I find the crock pot a useful device for frugal living; microwave, too, of course.

For instance, I just threw into my crock pot frozen hamburger, beef stock, frozen vegetables, can of sliced tomato, onion, and garlic, along with a McCormick slow-pot envelope of beef spices. Set the cooker for four-hours at low heat. Stirred once
    after two hours and added mushrooms.

Results are very tasty, and didn't have to deal with frozen. Microwave can cook frozen but probably takes separate steps to add hamburger, onion, tomato, and spices. Crock pot cleans up easily and can deal with larger amounts.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to Dim Witte on Wed Mar 15 00:00:09 2023
    On Friday, March 10, 2023 at 5:58:43 PM UTC-9, Dim Witte wrote:
    I find the crock pot a useful device for frugal living; microwave, too, of course.

For instance, I just threw into my crock pot frozen hamburger, beef stock, frozen vegetables, can of sliced tomato, onion, and garlic, along with a McCormick slow-pot envelope of beef spices. Set the cooker for four-hours at low heat. Stirred once
    after two hours and added mushrooms.

Results are very tasty, and didn't have to deal with frozen. Microwave can cook frozen but probably takes separate steps to add hamburger, onion, tomato, and spices. Crock pot cleans up easily and can deal with larger amounts.

An alternative is to use steam. Looking up "steam cooking recipes," I see many comments about how steaming is better than frying, baking, or microwaving, especially for fish and vegetables.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)