• On depositing more than $10,000 - consequences

From Lenona@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 27 08:39:03 2023
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/what-to-know-if-you-deposit-more-than-10k-into-your-checking-account/ar-AA17Znde?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=123b88eebf7440a7b8e5b1e5b40c8d14

If you plan to deposit $10,000 or more into your checking account, there are a few things you should consider first. By law, banks have to report deposits that exceed a certain amount. Not only that, but many bank accounts come with maximum deposit
    restrictions. You may also be subject to certain fees when making such a large deposit...

(snip)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to Lenona on Mon Feb 27 12:30:53 2023
    On Monday, February 27, 2023 at 7:39:05 AM UTC-9, Lenona wrote:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/what-to-know-if-you-deposit-more-than-10k-into-your-checking-account/ar-AA17Znde?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=123b88eebf7440a7b8e5b1e5b40c8d14

If you plan to deposit $10,000 or more into your checking account, there are a few things you should consider first. By law, banks have to report deposits that exceed a certain amount. Not only that, but many bank accounts come with maximum deposit
    restrictions. You may also be subject to certain fees when making such a large deposit...

(snip)

When I transferred from one bank to another my account balance, using a cashiers check procedure, I was emailed by the receiving bank, asking for the reason why. I labeled the note part of the cashiers check "medical," and this seems to have been
    acceptable.

Whole idea of your bank asking for your used of your money seems an invasion, and once before when asked what I would use less than $10k travelers checks for, I contacted the bank headquarter to ask about this and was told it was not acceptable. My
    medical use of the transferred funds was more than $10k, so questionable, but not a frequent practice, still seems an invasion of privacy.

Evidently, a bank can go into your strong box and see if you're hoarding cash there, with possibly a government claim of it if you can't explain its source or freedom from taxation. Same problem if you carry $10k cash on a plane or Amtrack and it gets
    confiscated by police. Evidently same "invasion" if your money is found in your car or home and police seize it as evidence, or something, pending a trial over ownership. Police are good at putting "evidence" like money, drugs, guns, valuables into
    property rooms and never returning it to owners.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)