• I'm a senior in my 90's and need help in haveing a thermostat installed

From anthona@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 20 05:31:24 2023
    I remember reading once that there was a group that would help people like me if they need assistance in fixing some appliances, without being gouged by groups that take advantage as some one like me at my age. In the good old days i was self sufficient,
    but my eye sight has been fading. I tried AARP, cause i thought that was where i read that article i mentioned, but couldn't find anything on their web site. Does anyone know of such a group?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to anthona on Mon Feb 20 19:38:26 2023
    On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 4:31:28 AM UTC-9, anthona wrote:
    I remember reading once that there was a group that would help people like me if they need assistance in fixing some appliances, without being gouged by groups that take advantage as some one like me at my age. In the good old days i was self
    sufficient, but my eye sight has been fading. I tried AARP, cause i thought that was where i read that article i mentioned, but couldn't find anything on their web site. Does anyone know of such a group?

You might look at Craigs List to see if that service is offered, or maybe advertise there for help.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From The Real Bev@21:1/5 to anthona on Mon Feb 20 21:38:16 2023
    On 2/20/23 5:31 AM, anthona wrote:
    I remember reading once that there was a group that would help people like me if they need assistance in fixing some appliances, without being gouged by groups that take advantage as some one like me at my age. In the good old days i was self
    sufficient, but my eye sight has been fading. I tried AARP, cause i thought that was where i read that article i mentioned, but couldn't find anything on their web site. Does anyone know of such a group?

There's alt.home.repair which has some plenty smart people. You can
    also check youtube for how-to videos.

--
    Cheers, Bev

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Beaver Fever@21:1/5 to anthona on Sat Feb 25 13:34:37 2023
    On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 5:31:28 AM UTC-8, anthona wrote:

Wait, don't go

What do you attribute your long life to?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From anthona@21:1/5 to Beaver Fever on Sun Feb 26 05:10:56 2023
    On Saturday, February 25, 2023 at 4:34:40 PM UTC-5, Beaver Fever wrote:
    On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 5:31:28 AM UTC-8, anthona wrote:
    Wait, don't go

What do you attribute your long life to?
    It must be the combination of things....mainly Genetics, luck, eat sensibly, abstain from beer, alcohol, and being the 'baby' of my family....( last born ).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05