• Meal delivery companies

From anthona@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 20 05:46:17 2023
    I have tried a couple of them and for the most part, the food is tasty. They seem to fall in the category of diets, with side dishes as Coucous, and other unbelievable names i never heard of. Plus the meals are not that substantial.. an hour or so later,
    i find myself picking on something to get going till supper time or lunch. None of them seem to serve breakfasts or lunch, unless you feel a chicken breast as a good breakfast meal. Chicken is their main meal, variation thereof. I would like to add a
    couple of pounds even at my age 94, male. I actually can feel my tailbone and my spine. Does anyone know of a meal delivery company that can satisfy my 'appetite'?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to anthona on Mon Feb 20 19:35:03 2023
    On Monday, February 20, 2023 at 4:46:20 AM UTC-9, anthona wrote:
    I have tried a couple of them and for the most part, the food is tasty. They seem to fall in the category of diets, with side dishes as Coucous, and other unbelievable names i never heard of. Plus the meals are not that substantial.. an hour or so
    later, i find myself picking on something to get going till supper time or lunch. None of them seem to serve breakfasts or lunch, unless you feel a chicken breast as a good breakfast meal. Chicken is their main meal, variation thereof. I would like to
    add a couple of pounds even at my age 94, male. I actually can feel my tailbone and my spine. Does anyone know of a meal delivery company that can satisfy my 'appetite'?

In the low-income building where I live, meals are delivered daily by Salvation Army, FREE or volunteer payment of like $1. Another volunteer programs delivers boxes of free food every Wednesday, although as you complain the food is not tasty.

At 86 and on Keto diet for over-weight, I find the FREE monthly bus delivery to stores offered by the city works out, because keto allows goodies like chicken, beef, fish, and high protein meats, plus keto is friendly with such as cantalope, blue and
    black berries, and a milk substitute called "almond milk," which is fine with blue berries. Idea behind keto is to avoid carbohydrates and starches.

I get around with a wheeled cart that can carry a large plastic tub I can put groceries in, which is accepted by busses and taxis.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)