• Frugal-living socializing

From Dim Witte@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 10 00:49:46 2023
    Had a frugal-living experience yesterday that was new to me. Went on bus trip coordinated by the Social Services Director for the housing unit where I live, and along with a half-dozen other residents was dropped off at a mall to shop and whatever.

So, with an hour to spend before the bus took us back, we collected in one place and conversations arose. Topic that I liked was about how we haven't communicated much before, although living for years together. One lady lived in the apartments since
    2004, as I had, but never communicated. I opined that I was isolated and self-reliant after years of independence, and besides I had sight, hearing, and even short-term memory deficits that kept me from recognizing familiars. Then a woman volunteered
    that we are all different in that. Making me recognize how much we can share in a simple get-together. Was a good feeling of togetherness experienced.

I liked the comradery of familiars experienced and will be taking another bus trip next month. Hey, we don't live forever, and what's to lose?

So us elders can

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)