• The path where you are trying to save this document is unavailable

From douglas.coates@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 9 19:11:10 2020
    On Wednesday, June 2, 2010 at 11:01:01 PM UTC+10, dan12380 wrote:
    I recently converted a PDF file to a word document (rtf) with an online software. This conversion was successful and the document looks fine. However when I make any change to the document and try to save it I get the error:

"The network or path where you are trying to save this document is unavailable. What do you want to do?"
    Which prompts me with three buttons "Retry, Save As..., Cancel".

This is confusing to me since I am saving it on my Desktop. I have noticed, if I take out the pages that contain some graphs and tables, it saves it perfectly.

Can anyone help me out?
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From douglas.coates@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 9 19:21:59 2020
    I recently converted a PDF file to a word document (rtf) with an online software. This conversion was successful and the document looks fine. However
    when I make any change to the document and try to save it I get the error:

"The network or path where you are trying to save this document is unavailable. What do you want to do?"

This is confusing to me since I am saving it on my Desktop. I have noticed, if I take out the pages that contain some graphs and tables, it saves it perfectly.

Can anyone help me out?

I tried every one of the suggested fixes that I have read on-line - nothing worked. I then accidentally switched off my laptop (on this machine the off-button is next to the delete-button). When I restarted the laptop and reopended Word, there were 2
    previous (repaired) versions of the large Word document listed in the recovery pane. One was timed/dated as my most recent edit and I selected that one. It opened and was the last version (that I had been unable to save, after repeated attempts, due to
    the "network unavailable" message). I saved that version with a new name into the "Documents" top-level folder - not the original folder - and it was saved correctly. I have re-opened it and it is the correct last version. I have copied that document
    to its original folder from the "Documents" folder and opened the copied document, which is also the correct last version.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rositsa Panayotova@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 10 05:40:40 2021
    В 5:22:00 ч. UTC+3 на петък, 10 април 2020 г. douglas...@gmail.com написа:
    I recently converted a PDF file to a word document (rtf) with an online software. This conversion was successful and the document looks fine. However
    when I make any change to the document and try to save it I get the error:

This is confusing to me since I am saving it on my Desktop. I have noticed,
    if I take out the pages that contain some graphs and tables, it saves it perfectly.

Can anyone help me out?
    I tried every one of the suggested fixes that I have read on-line - nothing worked. I then accidentally switched off my laptop (on this machine the off-button is next to the delete-button). When I restarted the laptop and reopended Word, there were 2
    previous (repaired) versions of the large Word document listed in the recovery pane. One was timed/dated as my most recent edit and I selected that one. It opened and was the last version (that I had been unable to save, after repeated attempts, due to
    the "network unavailable" message). I saved that version with a new name into the "Documents" top-level folder - not the original folder - and it was saved correctly. I have re-opened it and it is the correct last version. I have copied that document to
    its original folder from the "Documents" folder and opened the copied document, which is also the correct last version.

If you need the .rtf file for cleaning by Trados but you cannot save it, this is because the size becomes huge. There is one quite rude solution: Find all characters with format 'hidden' and replace them with nothing in Find/Replace. You get a clean file
    but in the TM, you will not update any manual changes that were not made by Trados itself.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05