• =?UTF-8?Q?Not_sure_of_what_excel_function_I=E2=80=99m_looking_for_wh?=

From patrick.m.unrein@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 11 16:49:46 2020
    Hi all -

I’m new to this group here, so I hope that you will bear with me while I try to outline my problem.

Let’s say that I have a device that records data every 15 minutes (i.e. 12 PM, 12:15 PM, 12:30 PM, 12:45 PM, 1 PM, 1:15 PM, etc.). When I originally start the device, date and time are correct. When I come to pick up the device 12 days later, The date
    is still correct, but the time is one hour and 15 minutes ahead. So I take this data, and I import the data into Excel. I would like to try to find out where the times started going awry, based upon the 15 minute intervals that I outlined earlier. How
    would I go about doing that? Is there some sort of sort or filter function that would allow me to find the jump in time? if I did a manual line by line analysis, we’re talking 1152 lines, so I would prefer to have Excel do this for me. Any
    recommendations? I will put myself at a novice to intermediate level in excel, but this is way beyond anything I’ve ever tried.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Zaidy036@21:1/5 to patrick.m.unrein@gmail.com on Tue Feb 11 21:23:19 2020
    On 2/11/2020 7:49 PM, patrick.m.unrein@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi all -

I’m new to this group here, so I hope that you will bear with me while I try to outline my problem.

Let’s say that I have a device that records data every 15 minutes (i.e. 12 PM, 12:15 PM, 12:30 PM, 12:45 PM, 1 PM, 1:15 PM, etc.). When I originally start the device, date and time are correct. When I come to pick up the device 12 days later, The
    date is still correct, but the time is one hour and 15 minutes ahead. So I take this data, and I import the data into Excel. I would like to try to find out where the times started going awry, based upon the 15 minute intervals that I outlined earlier.
    How would I go about doing that? Is there some sort of sort or filter function that would allow me to find the jump in time? if I did a manual line by line analysis, we’re talking 1152 lines, so I would prefer to have Excel do this for me. Any
    recommendations? I will put myself at a novice to intermediate level in excel, but this is way beyond anything I’ve ever tried.

Conditional Formatting using formula
    If (time 2) - (time 1) >15 format Fill color1

--
    Zaidy036

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From patrick.m.unrein@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 11 19:44:07 2020
    Thanks very much! I’ll give a shot!

P.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05