• Re: How can I paste into merged cells?

From Jim Caterino@21:1/5 to CLR on Thu Apr 21 07:28:32 2022
    On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 7:26:02 AM UTC-8, CLR wrote:
    If it's any help, you can copy and paste multiple cells into a Drawing Object that can be superimposed over a merged-cell area.
    Or, you can select your block of cells and use the CAMERA feature to produce a likeness of the range which can be pasted over the Merged-cell block (note it's dynamic and will change values as the real range values change)

Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3
    "Chris Mitchell" wrote:
    I have a spreadsheet that contains blocks of 9 rows, where the first 'cell' in each row is made up of a number of merged cells.

I want to be able to copy and paste 9 single cell rows at a time from a table in a Word document, in to the first 'cell' in 9 rows in my spreadsheet, but Excel is unable to change part of a merged cell so won't allow me to paste.

How can I get around this?

The reason you Merged the cells is only for display. You have other data above or below that needs those extra cells,
    but you want the merged area to display as 1 cell.
    To do this you have 2 options 1. Unmerge the cells - then change the document View and uncheck Gridlines.
    2. Select the Merged cells where to paste - and Paste not in the cell, but into the Formula Line at the top of the sheet.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jim Caterino@21:1/5 to Jim Caterino on Thu Apr 21 10:15:36 2022
    On Thursday, April 21, 2022 at 7:28:34 AM UTC-7, Jim Caterino wrote:
    On Wednesday, January 9, 2008 at 7:26:02 AM UTC-8, CLR wrote:
    If it's any help, you can copy and paste multiple cells into a Drawing Object
    that can be superimposed over a merged-cell area.
    Or, you can select your block of cells and use the CAMERA feature to produce
    a likeness of the range which can be pasted over the Merged-cell block (note
    it's dynamic and will change values as the real range values change)

Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3
    "Chris Mitchell" wrote:
    I have a spreadsheet that contains blocks of 9 rows, where the first 'cell'
    in each row is made up of a number of merged cells.

I want to be able to copy and paste 9 single cell rows at a time from a table in a Word document, in to the first 'cell' in 9 rows in my spreadsheet, but Excel is unable to change part of a merged cell so won't allow me to paste.

How can I get around this?

The reason you Merged the cells is only for display. You have other data above or below that needs those extra cells,
    but you want the merged area to display as 1 cell.
    To do this you have 2 options 1. Unmerge the cells - then change the document View and uncheck Gridlines.
    2. Select the Merged cells where to paste - and Paste not in the cell, but into the Formula Line at the top of the sheet. Or double click in the cell -
    as to Edit mode and paste.
    If you wish to past several lines at one time you will need to use option 1.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)