• Using multiple IF statements depending on Cell Entry

From Andy McNicol@21:1/5 to All on Mon Aug 31 08:00:06 2020
    Help (Again)

I have spreadsheet that i want to use to track the scores in respects to people predictions for a competition we run each year, however as opposed to updating everyone prediction scores manually i want the sheet to do it. However having trouble working
    out how to do all the IF statements as there are lots of them. Anyway this is what I have.

Basically i want to compare the predicted score against the actual score and award points i.e.

6 points for an accurate result
    4 points for a correct result & score difference
    2 Points for a correct result

Now I have split it into 3 separate bits for now i.e. HW (indicating a Home Win), AW (Indicating an Away Win) & SD (Indicating a Score Draw) and as such can get the formulas to work independently but struggling to combine them all, anyway for each
    scenario I have the following formulas.

HW - =IF(F$3="HW",IF(AND(D6=D$3,E6=E$3),6,IF((D6-E6)=(D$3-E$3),4,IF(D6>E6,2,0))))

AW - =IF(J$3="AW",IF(AND(H6=H$3,I6=I$3),6,IF((I6-H6)=(I$3-H$3),4,IF(I6>H6,2,0))))

SD - =IF(N$3="SD",IF(AND(L6=L$3,M6=M$3),6,IF((M6-L6)=(M$3-L$3),4,0)))

However what I want is them all into one column (i.e. Cell F3) and for each prediction enter the points depending on what has been entered into that cell for as the game result. .

So here is an excerpt from the Spreadsheet with the first section being the actual game results and the second being the predictions entered by the participants. Note I have only added 3 predictions and 4 entrants, which shows the points that would have
    been awarded to each entry. However as there could be up to 10 games in any one game week with up to 50 participants, then I am trying to simplify this so that I only have to put in score and the corresponding result and the spreadsheet will do the rest.

Col A Col B Col C Col D Col E Col F Col G
    Game A Game B Game C
    Score Result Score Result Score Result
    2 - 1 HW 1 - 2 AW 1 – 1 SD

P1 Points P2 Points P3 Points
    Entry 1 2 - 1 6 2 - 1 0 0 - 2
    Entry 2 3 - 2 4 1 - 2 6 1 - 2
    Entry 3 1 - 0 2 2 - 3 4 1 - 0
    Entry 3 1 - 1 0 1 - 3 2 1 - 0

Anyway any help in getting it into one stack were the formulas are selected dependant on what type of results it is would be greatly appreciated, if not clear can send a copy of the test spreadsheet i have been working on.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Sherin Jayanand@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 7 07:12:10 2020
    Can you share the excel? I am struggling to understand how the data would be.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)