• Option buttons in separate groups kept linking each other

From daniel.tcp@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jun 2 19:30:39 2020
    As per subject header, the options button kept linking each other even though I have separated them in groups.

Can anyone help? Any way for me to attach the file for someone to take a look?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From GS@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 3 12:45:15 2020
    As per subject header, the options button kept linking each other even though I have separated them in groups.

You can upload your file to an online storage, then post a download link to it here.

Otherwise, please explain HOW the option buttons are grouped. (ie: by GroupName or by Container)

--
    Garry

Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
    Classic VB Users Regroup!
    comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
    microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Daniel Tan@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 3 19:01:39 2020
    On Thursday, 4 June 2020 00:45:22 UTC+8, GS wrote:
    As per subject header, the options button kept linking each other even though
    I have separated them in groups.

You can upload your file to an online storage, then post a download link to it
    here.

Otherwise, please explain HOW the option buttons are grouped. (ie: by GroupName
    or by Container)

--
    Garry

I have figured out what's wrong.

I used Developer -> Insert -> Form Controls -> Group Box to create a box.
    Then add Options Button from the same Form Controls into the box, resize the buttons to fix into the box and remove all text.
    Created 2 options between 2 rows.

The initial rows was 14.5 in height and that is probably the reason why it was not working properly.
    I enlarged all rows that requires the button including the group box.
    now it is working properly.

a little too bad why the group boxes doesn't work well when in smaller sizes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From GS@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 4 09:03:59 2020
    On Thursday, 4 June 2020 00:45:22 UTC+8, GS wrote:
    As per subject header, the options button kept linking each other even
    though I have separated them in groups.

Can anyone help? Any way for me to attach the file for someone to take a >>> look?

You can upload your file to an online storage, then post a download link to >> it here.

Otherwise, please explain HOW the option buttons are grouped. (ie: by
    GroupName or by Container)

--
    Garry

I have figured out what's wrong.

I used Developer -> Insert -> Form Controls -> Group Box to create a box. Then add Options Button from the same Form Controls into the box, resize the buttons to fix into the box and remove all text. Created 2 options between 2 rows.

The initial rows was 14.5 in height and that is probably the reason why it was not working properly. I enlarged all rows that requires the button including the group box. now it is working properly.

a little too bad why the group boxes doesn't work well when in smaller sizes.

Ah! Using controls on a worksheet can be problematic at best and is why I don't use them when designing forms on worksheets. I use cells for users to mark with an "x", and the SelectionChange event to auto-disable the other choices in a group. By 'disable' I mean all choices are greyed out until selected whereby the font color goes to 'Automatic'; - choosing another option sets all to 'greyed out' and the selected to 'Automatic'.

This way, the cells are part of the worksheet as opposed to objects on the worksheet; - they stay put and behave as expected when hiding rows via the expand/collapse controls.

--
    Garry

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05