• Problems deleting filtered rows

From faith@eventnation.com@21:1/5 to creep...@googlemail.com on Mon Apr 6 14:11:10 2020
    On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 10:30:53 AM UTC-4, creep...@googlemail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, 20 February 2008 20:42:11 UTC, Rodrigo Alonso wrote:
    I usually use the Filter function when dealing with data in Excel.
    But I cannot figure out why SOMETIMES the hidden data (i.e. after being filtered) is also afected by changes to filtered data. For example, if I use
    Filter to find blanks cells and then delete the filtered rows also hidden rows (with data) are deleted.
    I am using Excel 2007, and I never had this problem before with earlier versions of Excel.
    I will appreciate any help regarding this problem
    Thanks.

Very old problem, but I know the answer..
    This is caused when you select the header row and turn on the autofilter (something you had to do in Excel 2003 I believe) - If oyu turn on autofilter with the first row selected you will have this problem.
    Turn on autofilter by just selecting a single cell anywhere in the table and you should be able to delete from filtered data without it deleting rows in between.

This answer fixed the problem for me. I just un-selected the column heading and then deleting filtered items worked. Thanks.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)