• Why input range contains non-numeric data?

From Renee Judd@21:1/5 to Jerry W. Lewis on Sun Nov 1 08:11:09 2020
    This worked for me, copying my cells that should have been numeric but didn't act like it, and pasting special as values into a new sheet.
    On Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 6:54:02 AM UTC-5, Jerry W. Lewis wrote:
    Reformatting a cell does not change the value in the cell, it merely changes the display of that value. In particular applying a numeric format will not change text into a number. Copy an empty cell, select the input range, and Edit|Paste Special|Add to coerce the values into numbers.
    To identify which cell(s) is(are) text, Format|Cells|Alignment|Horizontal|General. Text will be left justified while numbers will be right justified. Alternately COUNT() only counts numbers. Jerry
    "Nickman" wrote:
    "Mark Lincoln" wrote:

On Apr 23, 9:06 pm, Nickman <Nick...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    When I try to do a regression analysis on my data, a box pops up saying there
    is non-numerica data for the input. However, I cant find any within my data
    sheet.

Are some of the cells formatted as text? Or entered with a leading apostrophe (which amounts to the same thing)?

Mark Lincoln

I selected all of the data and then formatted the cells as numbered. And as far as apostrophes go I cant find any. But the problem still persists.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Madison Irby@21:1/5 to Jerry W. Lewis on Mon Nov 16 14:02:28 2020
    On Tuesday, April 24, 2007 at 6:54:02 AM UTC-5, Jerry W. Lewis wrote:
    Reformatting a cell does not change the value in the cell, it merely changes the display of that value. In particular applying a numeric format will not change text into a number. Copy an empty cell, select the input range, and Edit|Paste Special|Add to coerce the values into numbers.
    To identify which cell(s) is(are) text, Format|Cells|Alignment|Horizontal|General. Text will be left justified while numbers will be right justified. Alternately COUNT() only counts numbers. Jerry
    "Nickman" wrote:
    "Mark Lincoln" wrote:

On Apr 23, 9:06 pm, Nickman <Nick...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    When I try to do a regression analysis on my data, a box pops up saying there
    is non-numerica data for the input. However, I cant find any within my data
    sheet.

Are some of the cells formatted as text? Or entered with a leading apostrophe (which amounts to the same thing)?

Mark Lincoln

I selected all of the data and then formatted the cells as numbered. And as far as apostrophes go I cant find any. But the problem still persists.
    Thank you Jerry.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)