• Re: why does my screen jump to top when i am typing an email?

From Jayanta Sarkar@21:1/5 to marklin on Tue Apr 26 22:47:58 2022
    On Saturday, 7 March 2009 at 04:53:01 UTC+4, marklin wrote:
    Hey all, here are some relief as to why this is happening....i hope. I had this issue with a number of my users on different systems. I called
    microsoft support and opened a ticket. They persisted at first that it was
    my programs that interfere....after i think about a month or two of going back and forth and pointing fingers....I decided to do a video capture of my desktop and simulated it. I sent it back to them and that was the first time they truly understood and decided to somewhat be more helpful. After another long bout of going back and forth, i finally did something really really silly. I logged my keystrokes on a piece of paper and discovered that at certain settings, with certain keystrokes, this would happen. I sent the keystrokes and settings to microsoft and their tech was finally able to produce it.
    The common things among my users having this issue is that that they have emails that are zoomed in or resolutions that are really low. This means outlook keeps having to readjust lines more often. BTW, it had happen to
    most of our senior partners....probably because they have bad eyesight.
    So far, microsoft said they admit it is their fault when i described the exact settings they needed to trigger it... They refunded my money but said they will work on this. haven't heard from them yet.
    So solution for your people is turn the resolution higher and zoom to normal zoom of 100%. It should solve problem.
    I don't have the exact settings and keystrokes needed anymore, but if i find i will post it and you can test it out to see if you have a similar problem. Sorry.
    "pluci" wrote:
    When i am typing an email and it has initially scrolled down so that the cursor remains in view, the screen view - not the cursor - suddenly jumps to
    top of email again. this is EXTREMELY annoying (and quickly going beyond that). even if i scroll the screen back down, it does it repeatedly. GRRRR.

Any solution to this problem. It does hamper efficiency

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Shawn Keeth@21:1/5 to Jayanta Sarkar on Fri Nov 11 17:52:46 2022
    On Wednesday, April 27, 2022 at 1:48:00 AM UTC-4, Jayanta Sarkar wrote:
    On Saturday, 7 March 2009 at 04:53:01 UTC+4, marklin wrote:
    Hey all, here are some relief as to why this is happening....i hope. I had this issue with a number of my users on different systems. I called microsoft support and opened a ticket. They persisted at first that it was my programs that interfere....after i think about a month or two of going back and forth and pointing fingers....I decided to do a video capture of my
    desktop and simulated it. I sent it back to them and that was the first time
    they truly understood and decided to somewhat be more helpful. After another
    long bout of going back and forth, i finally did something really really silly. I logged my keystrokes on a piece of paper and discovered that at certain settings, with certain keystrokes, this would happen. I sent the keystrokes and settings to microsoft and their tech was finally able to produce it.
    The common things among my users having this issue is that that they have emails that are zoomed in or resolutions that are really low. This means outlook keeps having to readjust lines more often. BTW, it had happen to most of our senior partners....probably because they have bad eyesight.
    So far, microsoft said they admit it is their fault when i described the exact settings they needed to trigger it... They refunded my money but said they will work on this. haven't heard from them yet.
    So solution for your people is turn the resolution higher and zoom to normal
    zoom of 100%. It should solve problem.
    I don't have the exact settings and keystrokes needed anymore, but if i find
    i will post it and you can test it out to see if you have a similar problem.
    Sorry.
    "pluci" wrote:
    When i am typing an email and it has initially scrolled down so that the cursor remains in view, the screen view - not the cursor - suddenly jumps to
    top of email again. this is EXTREMELY annoying (and quickly going beyond that). even if i scroll the screen back down, it does it repeatedly. GRRRR.
    Any solution to this problem. It does hamper efficiency

this happens in the web page yahoo also

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)