• Re: I'm getting =0D=0A in outlook emails

From JAMES STANLEY@21:1/5 to All on Thu Mar 9 16:46:03 2023
    On Friday, June 26, 2009 at 8:44:13 AM UTC-4, Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook] wrote:
    "Reddit" <Red...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87816959-B399-449B...@microsoft.com...
    The Below is an extract from an email with the stings =0D=OA at the beginning
    of all emails. I am unsure whether this is a local outlook client issue or something in the back-end. Any assistance is very much appreciated
    Sounds like a quoted-printable MIME message isn't being properly decoded. In the ASCII character set, the hexadecimal value "d" (decimal 13) is a carriage
    return and the hexadecimal value "a" (decimal 10) is a line feed. So the 0D 0A sequence indicates a line break. In quoted-printable encoding, equal signs
    are bunary value introducers and indicators of soft line breaks (line breaks the get removed from the message when correctly rendered. So, you original message would have looked something like this: *********************************************************************************
    Please Note:
    If you wish to progress or update this request via email, please reply
    to this email. Do not alter the incident number, or the contents of
    the square brackets, in the subject. If you send a new or altered email
    to the Service Desk, a new incident will automatically be raised. *********************************************************************************
    Your Reference: 42487
    Our Reference: = 315932
    (etc.)
    Usually, Outlook can fail to decode a message properly when the message has been altered in some way that loses some of the encoding instructions so Outlook can't figure out what to do. This can be because the sender didn't encode it correctly or something interferes with the message as Outlook gets it from the server. In the latter case, if you have an antivirus program configured to scan incoming mail, this is a leading cause of this interference. If this type of thing happens only with this particular sender and these particular messages, then I'd suspect the sender encoded it incorrectly. It appears to be an automated message sent from a Service Desk program. Sometimes the generation of automated messages isn't programmed correctly, with the results you see. If, however, this happens on messages from other sources and not only those in quoted-printable encoding but HTML messages as well, where the HTML code shows instead of the properly rendered message, then I'd suspect an AV scanner.
    You can eliminate the change that it's the AV scanner by uninstalling the AV program and reinstalling it without any e-mail scanning feature. You will still be just as safe.
    --
    Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)