• Help please - delete icon greyed out on inbox..! (Outlook possessed

From Bill Chesnic@21:1/5 to bill1...@gmail.com on Tue Mar 30 19:13:47 2021
    On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 3:59:29 PM UTC-5, bill1...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 10:54:19 AM UTC-4, sol...@gmail.com wrote:
    To resolve the issue with Delete button grayed out and unable to delete emails/messages from Inbox or other folders please visit the link bellow with detailed explanation.

I was able to successfully resolve the issue on mu computer

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/delete-button-missing-outlooks-inbox/
    Thanks for this post as it solved my problem as well. I had the same problem with the delete key grayed out only when trying to delete a single email. Opening the email or selecting 2 or more emails would show the delete key and it would work. Our
    environment is with Windows 10 and Outlook 2010 (2 different 64bitlaptops).

Our problem 1st occurred when converting the 2 laptops, both with Outlook 2010, from pop3 cable company accounts to gmail. I set both up as imap, but found we preferred the pop3 environment. We then converted to pop3 and that seemed to be when the
    problem started. After reading many of the prior posts about this problem, I felt it did have something to do with the change to gmail, but would never have found the solution without your post. Thank you so much. Bill W

HERE'S HOW I RESOLVED THE PROBLEM; UNABLE TO DELETE FOLDER UNDER A PARENT FOLDER, HAD A CLOCK ICON NEXT TO IT.
    I created a new folder and copied all files from the parent folder into it. I then deleted the parent folder and the one previously unable to delete went with it. Lastly, I renamed the new folder which resolved the problem for me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)