• Mysterious border around inserted image

From dr.hedwiggorski@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Doug Robbins - Word MVP on Sat Aug 4 02:44:21 2018
    On Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 4:30:54 PM UTC-5, Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
    On the Picture Tools Format section of the Ribbon, click on the Compress Pictures item in the Adjust section of the Ribbon and click on the Options button and uncheck the box for "Automatically perform basic compression on save"

Note, if you have already saved the document with this box checked, I am not sure if it will undo the compression.

Another method that has been suggested to eliminate these lines is to save the document in Word 97-2003 format.

--
    Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com

"StevenLeuck" <StevenLeuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:842244C1-681F-4640-A613-E293C9B5674E@microsoft.com...
    I am also getting this strange border on two sides. Did any of you on this
    thread ever get an answer from anyone on this? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere else.
    --
    Steven Leuck, CSI, CDT
    Owner
    Contractors Electric, LLC
    Eugene, OR

"Libke Susan" wrote:

I'm having the same problem. What is the fix?

lamaslany wrote:

Just wanted to confirm that I am also seeing the black line at the top
    andleft
    15-Feb-10

Just wanted to confirm that I am also seeing the black line at the top
    and
    left sides of the inserted .jpg image in a .docx document.

Luke

Previous Posts In This Thread:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
    Build a Selected Text Favorites Utility for your Web Site
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d72a2557-4ffd-4d29-bf1c-86feb39cae83/build-a-selected-text-fav.aspx

I had a border around my overall text box when designing and inserting a picture that did not allow me to move images all the way across over bleed borders in design. I fixed this by using Shape Fill with the Picture option instead of using Insert Photo
    to place image in the text box to fill the entire perimeter of the overall design.
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From E SB@21:1/5 to dr.hedw...@gmail.com on Wed Jun 23 13:09:45 2021
    On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 2:44:22 AM UTC-7, dr.hedw...@gmail.com wrote:

I had a border around my overall text box when designing and inserting a picture that did not allow me to move images all the way across over bleed borders in design. I fixed this by using Shape Fill with the Picture option instead of using Insert
    Photo to place image in the text box to fill the entire perimeter of the overall design.

Where can I find "shape fill?" I only see options to fill with a color...
    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)