• I'm two years late, but the problem is the same one :]

From rrernst0@gmail.com@21:1/5 to fred...@gmail.com on Sun Apr 15 13:57:50 2018
    Fred,
    This is how I see it, too. Have struggled with this for over a decade, since graphic design classes in college. Can't believe a word processing tool meant for publishing(?) in this day and age works this way. We need "page 0" on the left: a special,
    non-printing page.

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 10:11:34 AM UTC-6, fred...@gmail.com wrote:
    5 years later... but as I haven't found a better solution here is my workaround:
    - Zoom to fit two pages in Print Layout view
    - insert page break right at the beginning of the document (i.e. create a blank first page). This will temporarily shift all the odd pages over to the right
    - do all the editing you need to do then delete the page break.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Matthew D.@21:1/5 to fred...@gmail.com on Wed Apr 26 20:21:43 2023
    I would just add, if you add this blank page at the beginning and then format the page numbering to start at "0", page 1 will start on the right side and you'll accurately see the facing pages as they will later print.

On Monday, August 31, 2015 at 11:11:34 AM UTC-5, fred...@gmail.com wrote:
    5 years later... but as I haven't found a better solution here is my workaround:
    - Zoom to fit two pages in Print Layout view
    - insert page break right at the beginning of the document (i.e. create a blank first page). This will temporarily shift all the odd pages over to the right
    - do all the editing you need to do then delete the page break.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)