• Tabs in word documents like Excel for multiple separate pages

From john.kelly@tonari.com@21:1/5 to macropod on Wed Jun 3 14:43:59 2020
    On Friday, December 25, 2009 at 6:37:24 PM UTC-8, macropod wrote:
    I soo want this feature! Why does Word not have this already?
    Because Word isn't Excel. And the analogy between Excel tabs and Word pages is fundamentally flawed - each tab in Excel can contain

There is nothing wrong with the analogy between excel tabs and word...
    It is pretty much just a different visual representation (with limitations) of the same thing...

I would suggest trying TABLE OF CONTENTS... which is the closest thing to tabs since it allows you to open a side bar on the window and click on whichever you want... thereby jumping to that page.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From shivanand1964@gmail.com@21:1/5 to VoodooMusicVixen on Thu Aug 6 03:57:21 2020
    On Tuesday, December 30, 2008 at 9:11:01 AM UTC+5:30, VoodooMusicVixen wrote:
    Word should have multiple tab pages like Excel does. This would be great for doing reports and keeping data separate but in one document. Also great for writing a book or papers with chapters (tab 1 is chapter 1, tab 2 is chapter 2) all in one document and so much easier to jump to something. Great for planning (tab 1 is budget, tab 2 is a list of guests, tab 3 is vendor contact info, tab 4 is menu).

----------------
    This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2d04d2ea-ea98-49ef-8f20-2c4ed6cbb471&dg=microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From shivanand1964@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Aug 6 04:02:43 2020
    hello sir,
    we have the software of this feature named WPS, a chainies processor'but it is incomparable with MS OFFICE. WHY THEIS FEATURE IS NOT EXTENDED BY MICROSOFT IS THE BIG QUESTION.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From WILLIAM CLAWSON@21:1/5 to shivan...@gmail.com on Thu Aug 20 15:17:31 2020
    On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 5:02:44 AM UTC-6, shivan...@gmail.com wrote:
    hello sir,
    we have the software of this feature named WPS, a chainies processor'but it is incomparable with MS OFFICE. WHY THEIS FEATURE IS NOT EXTENDED BY MICROSOFT IS THE BIG QUESTION.

Microsoft used to offer this as a template called, "Notebook." I miss it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05