• Table column text disappears at page end and does not continue on n

From astra.fiamante69@gmail.com@21:1/5 to letic...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 29 14:03:59 2018
    On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 9:36:07 AM UTC+12, letic...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Monday, January 9, 2012 at 8:05:04 PM UTC-8, Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
    And make sure rows are allowed to break.

--
    Suzanne S. Barnhill
    Microsoft MVP (Word)
    Words into Type
    Fairhope, Alabama USA
    http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:jee8tr$fi6$1@dont-email.me...
    It sounds like the row height has been set to a fixed amount. Select the affected row and right-click to bring up the context menu; then click Table Properties. On the Row tab, clear the "Specify height" check box. Repeat for other rows as necessary.

--
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

---------------------------------------------
    "sphynx25" wrote in message news:sphynx25.95059a0@wordbanter.com...

Hi all!

Essentially I'm being plagued by an annoying issue in MS Word 2010. I have a table with many rows and columns. The text in each column exceeds the space available in one page. Any text which does not fit within the one page disappears and cannot be seen on the next page. The next page always starts with a fresh row rather than showing the missing text
    typed into the following row.

I've searched around for solutions online but have been unable to find one which resolves this issue. If anyone could shed some light on this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
    sphynx25

I am dealing with the same scenario as described at the beginning of this string. But I have selected "allow row to break across pages" and row height=0". Are there any other places to check for this. It's going to cause me much delay to manually
    splith these, and I will be doomed if future edits alter these rows again. What a pain!

Hi 'Letic'
    Thanks for posting your comment. You have solved the issues I was having. Totally don't understand why it has happen, but your comment has helped so much.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?Q?Pawe=C5=82_Franciszek_Nie@21:1/5 to Stefan Blom on Wed May 26 09:34:54 2021
    Stefan Blom schrieb am Montag, 9. Januar 2012 um 09:36:11 UTC+1:
    It sounds like the row height has been set to a fixed amount. Select the affected row and right-click to bring up the context menu; then click Table Properties. On the Row tab, clear the "Specify height" check box. Repeat for other rows as necessary.

--
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP

---------------------------------------------
    "sphynx25" wrote in message news:sphynx25...@wordbanter.com...
    Hi all!

Essentially I'm being plagued by an annoying issue in MS Word 2010. I
    have a table with many rows and columns. The text in each column exceeds
    the space available in one page. Any text which does not fit within the
    one page disappears and cannot be seen on the next page. The next page
    always starts with a fresh row rather than showing the missing text
    typed into the following row.

I've searched around for solutions online but have been unable to find
    one which resolves this issue. If anyone could shed some light on this,
    it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

--
    sphynx25
    You just made my day! Thank you ever so much!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)