• Is it true? No images allowed in this group?

From Squeakers Three@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 22 01:55:59 2022
    This is excellent. That whole thing about pictures being worth a thousand words does not apply to questions asked in this Google Groups

An example of what I mean is posted at this URL, showing how pictures clarifying and improving communication have no place here in Google Groups. The URL is: https://legacy-systems.biz/longview2500/public_links/public/programming/google_so_smart_today/

Imagine if images were allowed in this Google Group. It would make it possible to use the power of images, which does not fit with destroying civilization killing the maximum number of people possible. So there you have it, no pictures in Google groups.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Squeakers Three@21:1/5 to Squeakers Three on Fri Apr 22 02:05:03 2022
    On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 3:56:00 AM UTC-5, Squeakers Three wrote:
    This is excellent. That whole thing about pictures being worth a thousand words does not apply to questions asked in this Google Groups

An example of what I mean is posted at this URL, showing how pictures clarifying and improving communication have no place here in Google Groups. The URL is: https://legacy-systems.biz/longview2500/public_links/public/programming/google_so_smart_today/

Imagine if images were allowed in this Google Group. It would make it possible to use the power of images, which does not fit with destroying civilization killing the maximum number of people possible. So there you have it, no pictures in Google groups.
    Just to explain the relevance of the OP, I joined this group to ask a question about MS Word, but asking the quesiton with images to show what I am asking about would have boosted communication too much, so images are not allowed. This is me thinking
    out loud as my brain orientates itself to the group.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Peter T. Daniels@21:1/5 to squeak...@gmail.com on Fri Apr 22 06:01:27 2022
    Nothing to do with "Google Groups." This group is left over from
    something called "Usenet," which hosted things alled "newsgroups,"
    from before there was such a thing as "pictures" in home computing.

Most people are able to ask their MSWord questions in words. If
    a picture is absolutely necessary, they can post it to some service
    and include a link in their message.

There was an archive of newsgroups, which for no good reason
    Google purchased and made equivalent to "Google groups," which
    were for emailing the subscribers, "discussion lists," which are
    now pretty much obsolete.

On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 5:05:04 AM UTC-4, squeak...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Friday, April 22, 2022 at 3:56:00 AM UTC-5, Squeakers Three wrote:

An example of what I mean is posted at this URL, showing how pictures clarifying and improving communication have no place here in Google Groups. The URL is: https://legacy-systems.biz/longview2500/public_links/public/programming/google_so_smart_
    today/

Imagine if images were allowed in this Google Group. It would make it possible to use the power of images, which does not fit with destroying civilization killing the maximum number of people possible. So there you have it, no pictures in Google
    groups.
    Just to explain the relevance of the OP, I joined this group to ask a question about MS Word, but asking the quesiton with images to show what I am asking about would have boosted communication too much, so images are not allowed. This is me thinking
    out loud as my brain orientates itself to the group.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05