• Re: Footnotes have the wrong numbers and are put on the wrong page

From boaz l@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 11 05:50:31 2021
    ב-יום שני, 26 באוקטובר 2009 בשעה 16:43:01 UTC+2, JonTarg כתב/ה:
    If you are tracking changes in the document, the footnote numbers will not update automatically until the "all changes have been accepted" button is depressed.
    "Adam Villani" wrote:
    I'm using MS Word 2003. I created a fairly lengthy document (about 45 pages)
    that originally had a lot of footnotes in it, about 50. For a revision, I removed many of these footnotes. The footnotes that remained got all messed
    up. Their numbering got changed, and I can't change the numbers to what they
    should be. The first footnote is 11, the next is up in the 20s, etc. Furthermore, the first footnote is getting thrown onto the wrong page. The reference is on page 11 of my document, but it's throwing the actual footnote
    onto the bottom of page 5. I tried fiddling with the footnote options, but haven't found a solution yet. I even tried deleting all the footnotes, but when I try to re-write them the same problems emerge. The problem isn't linked with tracking changes, is it? I have that on and wonder if it's keeping deleted footnotes in the system. Help!

this is the right answer ! thanks !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)