• Can't underline in microsoft word

From Preena Salgia@21:1/5 to joshua....@gmail.com on Wed Apr 28 21:45:28 2021
    On Friday, March 9, 2018 at 10:30:07 PM UTC+5:30, joshua....@gmail.com wrote:
    Perfect Kim! Thanks
    Thanks Kim.
    For me the problem was the colour of the underline was white. I changed that to "automatic" or black, and it worked. You can get that option by clicking on the arrow at the bottom right corner of "Font" tab.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jane Doe@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 20 09:33:35 2023
    OK, this is July 2023. My underline in MS Word stopped working suddenly, 2 days ago. It happens in every document I've tried it on, so it isn't the document. I selected the TYPE of underline, so it is no longer "none." I also double-checked the COLOR
    and put it to "automatic," so THAT is no longer "none," either. Thank you for the helpful suggestions above. BUT IT STILL ISN'T UNDERLINING. The Bold works. The underline does not. Any suggestions? Thank you to anyone who can help me with this!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Peter T. Daniels@21:1/5 to Jane Doe on Thu Jul 20 10:41:31 2023
    Have you Restarted/Rebooted your computer since the problem started?
    Sometimes a cosmic ray or whatever hits in just the wrong place.

(A few weeks ago, suddenly the Bibliography Tool stopped putting the
    Place and Publisher into the entries in the bibliography, and after a
    Restart, it was fine. (I use Word2007, which is "no longer supported."))

On Thursday, July 20, 2023 at 12:33:37 PM UTC-4, Jane Doe wrote:
    OK, this is July 2023. My underline in MS Word stopped working suddenly, 2 days ago. It happens in every document I've tried it on, so it isn't the document. I selected the TYPE of underline, so it is no longer "none." I also double-checked the COLOR
    and put it to "automatic," so THAT is no longer "none," either. Thank you for the helpful suggestions above. BUT IT STILL ISN'T UNDERLINING. The Bold works. The underline does not. Any suggestions? Thank you to anyone who can help me with this!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05