• Convert Word Document To Markdown (and Vice Versa)?

From sheremetyeva@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 12 11:07:07 2020
    On Sunday, 15 October 2017 14:31:06 UTC+1, not2bright wrote:
    I'm wondering if it's possible to use Word's "replace" function (in my
    case it's Word 2007) to change a page of HTML (.docx) into markdown
    format (e.g. changing all words/phrases in italics to words/phrases with asterisks before and after). I'd also like to know if this would work
    in reverse, i.e. taking a text file written in markdown and having Word convert it into HTML (replacing ### with level three headings, replacing words surrounded with double-asterisks into bold text, etc.).

Hi there!
    You can save your MS Word document as Markdown document without any manual changes, using Writage plugin. It will allow you to open, edit and save MD files in MS Word or save DOCX files in MD format from MS Word.

Best wishes,
    Elena

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From sheremetyeva@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 12 11:04:09 2020
    On Sunday, 15 October 2017 14:31:06 UTC+1, not2bright wrote:
    I'm wondering if it's possible to use Word's "replace" function (in my
    case it's Word 2007) to change a page of HTML (.docx) into markdown
    format (e.g. changing all words/phrases in italics to words/phrases with asterisks before and after). I'd also like to know if this would work
    in reverse, i.e. taking a text file written in markdown and having Word convert it into HTML (replacing ### with level three headings, replacing words surrounded with double-asterisks into bold text, etc.).

Hi there!
    You can save your MS Word document as Markdown document without any manual changes, using Writage plugin. It will allow you to open, edit and save MD files in MS Word or save DOCX files in MD format from MS Word.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)