• Re: Changing font size without changing line spacing.

From Cetungrty Ketungetu@21:1/5 to Stefan Blom on Fri Oct 13 13:17:32 2023
    On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at 6:20:15 AM UTC-12, Stefan Blom wrote:
    You will have to experiment a little to find the (fixed) value for line spacing that looks best with your font.
    --
    Stefan Blom
    Microsoft Word MVP
    "Stuart Land" <iam...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0647ba86-42c3-47bb...@googlegroups.com...
    Thanks for the answer, Peter. However, didn't work. I have Word 2003 and 2010, and both do the same thing. I fiddled around with everything that had the word LINE in it and nothing changed. Try making a simple paragraph in 12 pt font, flush left. Make the first letter 18 pt. The space below that line will increase even though the letter is flush with the line it's on. Using EXACTLY brings the space back to normal, but also bring the larger font down just slightly larger than the 12 pt font. Increasing the font size then just make the font wider, but not taller. I'm at a loss.

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 7:12:27 PM UTC+7, Peter T. Daniels wrote:
    Either that's a weird change later than Word2007, or you have some other >> choice

selected that's overriding the Exactly command. Go into WordOptions,
    scroll to

the very bottom, and check the box on the very last line. This opens up >> an immense, alphabetized list of additional items, through which you can >> search --

there's one called "don't add extra line spacing" in various
    circumstances, but

that extra spacing usually appears only for the specific line the larger >> or

raised character is in.

On Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:17:08 AM UTC-5, Stuart Land wrote:

Hi. I have the same problem, but I don't want to use a drop cap. I just >> > want to use a larger first letter font on the same line without the
    line below increasing. I start some paragraphs flush left with a larger >> > first letter. This make the next line increase, so throws the whole
    paragraph off. How can I get it to not do that?

Using EXACTLY just decreases the font size to fit the line spacing, or >> > increases all the lines in the paragraph to fit the larger font.

Thanks for any help.

Buy a Verified Cash App Account
    If you have more activities in online business and need multiple cash app accounts to send and receive more payments. And if you haven’t multiple Cash App, you can buy verified Cash App account as your backup.we provied 100% safe verified Cash App
    Accounts at a cheap price with https://usbusinesshop.com/

Our Cash App Account Features-
    Cash App account associated Gmail and password.
    Email access associated with Cash App account.
    Number verified.
    ID verified.
    Bank verified.
    Photo and ID provided.
    Date of birth provided.
    Bank statement.
    07 Days replacement guaranty.
    If you have more question about our service, please contact with us https://usbusinesshop.com/product/buy-verified-cash-app-accounts/

➤Email:- usbusinesshop1@gmail.com
    ➤ Skype:- usbusinesshop
    ➤Telegram:- @usbusinesshop
    ➤WhatsApp:-+1 (203) 252-6895

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)