• How do I delete inserted page numbers?

From Steve Hayes@21:1/5 to ShaunaKelly@SendNoSpamToShaunaKelly on Thu Feb 4 15:41:01 2021
    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 18:06:51 +1100, "Shauna Kelly" <ShaunaKelly@SendNoSpamToShaunaKelly.com> wrote:

Hi Billy

The page numbers may have been inserted using Insert > Page Numbers. When
    you use this, Word puts the page number in a frame. To delete it, in the >footer, click on the page number. You might see a border that looks like >//////. Click on that border so you see 6 little black squares. Now press >Delete. That should get rid of the page number, frame and all.

If the page numbers were inserted as a field of text within the footer >itself, you can access them through View > Headers and Footers, and on the >H&F toolbar, click the "Switch between header and footer" button, and delete >whatever you can.

Since page numbering is a property of a section, you need to check ecah >section. if the document has more than one section. Click at the top of the >document, do View > Headers and Footers and switch to the footer. Now, on
    the H&F toolbar, use the Show Next button to cycle through all the sections >to make sure the page numbering has been removed from all of them.

Sounds good, but I couldn't get it to work.

I have a docment I wany numbered from page 5 on, so I put pages 1-4 in
    a separate section, and in section 2 set page numbering to start at
    page 5.

But it numbers page 2 a 6, 3 as 7 and 4 as 8.

If I remove those numbers following your instructions abvove, it
    remove3d the page numbers from section 2 as well.

How can I remover the page numbers from Section 1, and keep them in
    section 2?

--
    Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa
    Web: http://www.khanya.org.za/stevesig.htm
    Blog: http://khanya.wordpress.com
    E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)