• Cannot eliminate "Macros Have Been Disabled"

From Ray@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 26 21:11:48 2023
    I'm using MS Office Pro Plus 2021 on Windows 10. I open a document. It produces the familiar yellow banner reading, "SECURITY WARNING: Macros have been disabled."

I click the Options button. It says, "Microsoft has blocked macros from running because the source of this file is untrusted." The file path it lists appears to be, in effect, %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dotm. The only options available there
    are two repetitions of "Help protect me from unknown content (recommended)."

I close that and go into menu > File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Macro Settings. It is already set to this choice: "Enable all macros (not recommended; potentially dangerous code can run)."

In Trust Center Settings, I go to Trusted Locations. Under User Locations, I verify that a path equal to %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates\ is already listed under User Locations. An attempt to re-add it results in "The specified path has already been added
    to your Trusted Locations."

It appears, in short, that I should not be getting the Security Warning. What am I missing?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From nard Leo@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 15 20:40:39 2023
    What kind of application is it about?
    You can play for free no matter where you are. For those of you who love sports, retro bowl 2 is a sport you should not ignore. Coordinate with teammates to bring the ball closer to the opponent. The space combines many entertaining games of various
    genres from idle games, kid games, and free games: https://tinyplay.io

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)